Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Incident, Complaints And Accidents Books

We haven't got new reporting books since the onset of EYFS and so ours are technically out of date. I would rather have A4 sheets that we can print off and file rather than buy new books that are only used once in a blue moon.

If anyone has anything I can use, or link, I would be very grateful :o

Kirsty xx

I did have A4 sheets, but Mrs O was not happy as these can be lost or "made to go missing". Now, I print off my own sheets which suit us better than commercial books, but I stick these into exercise books. I number the pages so it can be seen that no pages have been pulled out etc., and make sure I buy only exercise books with the number of pages printed on the cover.

I use loose A4 sheets. I know it's not what Ofsted really want but I think as long as you have an argument ready and are able to state why you use them and how you check pages don't go missing un-noticed etc.. you'll be ok. Thing is with Ofsted anyway.. it all depends on the actual inspector's point of view!

It seems totally absurd to have to number pages. Who on earth will it benefit? Only Mrs O so we can 'prove' we have not .... well what? We could simply not have recorded the accident in the first place. How ridiculous! :o

from a grumpy Gruffalo2 xD:(

Hi Grumpy Gruffalo - I think Mrs. O. thought, that a page might go mysteriously missing if there was a complaint years down the line, rather than anything current, whilst I felt it petty at the time, and obviously something I just wouldn't do (disposing of evidence I mean) I'm used to doing it this way now and it is no bother.

I can just about see numbering complaints pages as there (hopefully) would not be many of them. But accident pages! We have 60 children in our main room so have lots accident reports. What I do do (!) is monitor each month which children have had accidents and the cause, so we can identify if children have any sort of physical difficulty and if there are any 'black spots' as far as accidents are concerned.

I am partly grumpy as I had a ridiculous day: :(

- admin staff asking me where to do some of the food ordering (I don't care as long as it is not from Harrods and costing the earth).

- 2 staff off sick and others demanding to know how we would meet ratios despite the fact they interrupted my phone call to ask one of our bank staff to come in

- my student had not told me she had an external moderator coming at 9.00 a.m.

- again admin staff asking me to run round getting information from another member of staff, when admin should be supporting our work with the children and families - not us supporting them

- having to speak to a parent and tell them not to bring their child again because she keeps promissing to pay her bill and then does not

- the cook objecting to one of our menus, although he had been at the meeting when they were planned

OOOOOOh! S-C-R-E-A-M!! :(

Sorry! Thanks for putting up with it! I now feel better for a rant! :o

Gruffalo2 xD

Ah Gruffalo, you have had a bad day, it would seem that that mouse has been teasing you again!

Hope you have a better day tomorrow - fortunately, whilst I own and run my own pre-school, I don't get anywhere near the amount of people trouble you have to put up with.

I do about the same as you by the sound of it, Gruffalo2. I thought that was how we were advised on our most recent First Aid training - so that the individual slips could go with the relevant child's registration forms. You've got me a bit worried now!

I use loose A4 sheets. I know it's not what Ofsted really want but I think as long as you have an argument ready and are able to state why you use them and how you check pages don't go missing un-noticed etc.. you'll be ok. Thing is with Ofsted anyway.. it all depends on the actual inspector's point of view!

I think Strawberryserge sums it up, as usual, if it works for you, and you can argue why it works for you, who is to say your system is wrong?

Thanks for your support.

Yes, I have had a couple of better days thank you. I really love my job, but just occasionally think I have to do a lot of organising petty details when I would love to be playing with children. It often feels a 'treat' to me to be allowed time in the rooms.

Ah well, that's life as a Manager - it's not always a bed of roses.

Gruffalo2 :o