Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Self-evaluation

Hi...

Im currently trying to plough my way through the sel evaluation form and struggling to make sense of most of it in relation to childminding, seems more directed towards larger settings?

any help or idea... hints tips would be welcome!

Im on maternity leave til end of sept but trying to get ultra organised ready for when im working again ; )

Jo

I'm sure I've read a post recently that had a link to a lot of help for childminders in their SE. Was it Bromsgrove? I can't remember, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you a hand

Hi...

Im currently trying to plough my way through the sel evaluation form and struggling to make sense of most of it in relation to childminding, seems more directed towards larger settings?

any help or idea... hints tips would be welcome!

Im on maternity leave til end of sept but trying to get ultra organised ready for when im working again ; )

Jo

Hi

dont worry if you have not totally completed it, i had my insspection 06-03-09 and got an outstanding I had not totally filled it in, I got a tip from the nursey I work closly with , and this is some of the format

Evaluation

• I aim to enable children to gain confidence and feel valued in all that they do,

• I plan activities around the 6 areas of the E.Y.F.S

• By observations , photographs and videos and check these against the Early Learning Goals of the E.Y.F.S

• Asking children to choose what they want to play with and plan activity around the six aspects, and adapt to different age groups.

• Expand on the six aspects using other areas

• I aim to plan and asses the children achievements and link them to the early years goal chart

• Please see parents comments of how their children are enjoying and achieving

just need bullot points and jot down everything you do and how you would like to improve hope this helps you or anyone else who looks at the thread

joan

Thank You :o

thats a great help, I like the idea of bullet points...

I love your cat by the way

joan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)