Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reflective Practice

Our hand in date for this module is only 2 weeks away and I haven't really started! - just can't get excited and motivated about this!!

We need 3 work based events to consider reflectivily but as I've only been in the job a short time I am finding it very hard. Also finding it hard to write about being a reflective practitioner, it's not something I've done much on before...

Any help!!!???

Oh dear, who are you studying with (or 'with whom are you studying' :o ) there's bound to be someone on here who has 'got the t shirt' and can give you some pointers

We need 3 work based events to consider reflectivily but as I've only been in the job a short time I am finding it very hard.

Have you been given any frameworks to use for your reflection? If not I probably still have some templates on my laptop certainly John's and Rolfe's models which are basically forms you fill in to give structure to your reflections.

We had to do a reflection per week for the duration of our Reflective Practitioner module, and so you do get more practiced as time goes by! Try not to get too bothered by what you chooe to reflect on - you're not necessarily looking at life-changing events, but just things that happen which make you stop and take stock even if only for a few minutes. So after the event if you need to think about what you did and why, why other people reacted in the way they did, and what you would do differently next time, then this would be a good event to reflect on.

Good luck - let me know if you would like to see a blank form!

Maz

Good luck - let me know if you would like to see a blank form!

Maz

Yes please to the blank form! - no frameworks for our reflections, think this is why I am finding it so hard!, not sure where to start!

I am studying at Uni of Derby, the others all have events such as staff conflict, parents as partners issues, safeguarding issues, major changes to setting etc all I can come up with is increasing our opening hours... but so far all going ok, so very "boring" reflection wise!! Do you think I could make a few up??!?

Slight technical hitch here - I don't own the copyright of these documents! However I will dig around and see what I can come up with. As for making them up, I couldn't possibly comment. I cetainly had enough real situations to reflect on!

Maz

Found a really good word document produced by the University of Brighton - however couldn't find the link to upload. Did a quick search and found an hmtl link here. which I hope will satisfy the criteria for uploading stuff to the Forum (hopefully a friendly moderator will let me know if that's not ok?).

Maz

PS I will also check with my uni that it is ok to upload my forms here to save you needing to draw up your own!

Edited by HappyMaz

See if you can grab a copy of 'Reflective Teaching' by Andrew Pollard. That's a pretty good place to look for reflective practice stuff.

And you can reflect on any event by the sounds of it... so you probably do have three - as long as you reflect on them enough and thoroughly, they shouldn't be able to say anything about it, judging by what you've said about the assessment anyway!

Sam x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)