Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! Before I Throw My Pc Out Of The Window!

sam2368

Please, please can someone help me?

I need to start on these dreadful learning and development files and want to do them on my pc rather than by hand, but for some reason I'm unable to type onto the document, which is an adobe file.

I've already wasted half an hour trying differnt ways of saving the document but am having no joy.

Any ideas on this horrid wet day?

Sam :o

You can only type into a pdf file if you have the full version of Acrobat.

If you are using the free version to look at an adobe or pdf file it is read only.

Hope that helps.

L

You can only type into a pdf file if you have the full version of Acrobat.

If you are using the free version to look at an adobe or pdf file it is read only.

Hope that helps.

L

thank you lorna, very speedy response. :o

So how do I access the file to type on it? I've tried copying and pasting but it comes out all wrong.

That's the only way you'll manage it really. I've done it several times with adobe files - which ones are you using - I may have done them and be able to hep you

Just wanted to add a word of warning here - the reason Adobe files are designed not to be edited is just for this purpose: to prevent them being edited. So if you do cut and paste the contents into your own document perhaps you might consider how to acknowledge the source even if you adapt it for your own purposes.

My new learning journey materials clearly state they were informed by the Southampton and Surrey County Councils. I wouldn't want to take credit for using someone else's work! :o

Maz

Believe me Maz, i wouldn't want to pass this off as my own work. We've been told we have to do these files for all of our children and it'll take me a while to do all 44 by hand, not to mention the other 24 in our younger group.

I just need to be able to type the information into the boxes.

Believe me Maz, i wouldn't want to pass this off as my own work.

I didn't mean to suggest you were Sam, just a general comment really about adapting materials for our own use - a bit of a hang up of mine having spent so long avoiding plagiarism in my studies!

Its surprising that your Local Authority haven't provided you with the means of doing it: if they are asking you to complete specific learning journey documentation they should really enable you to do it in the easiest fashion. For most of us that would be using a computer. Perhaps you could feed this back to your advisory teacher to see if there's something they can do. Better to have an admin person at the Borough transferring all these materials into a Word document for settings to use than each setting making their own arrangements.

Good luck with getting it sorted!

Maz

I didn't mean to suggest you were Sam, just a general comment really about adapting materials for our own use - a bit of a hang up of mine having spent so long avoiding plagiarism in my studies!

[same here! I didn't take offence Maz, sorry if it came across that i had :o ]

Its surprising that your Local Authority haven't provided you with the means of doing it: if they are asking you to complete specific learning journey documentation they should really enable you to do it in the easiest fashion. For most of us that would be using a computer. Perhaps you could feed this back to your advisory teacher to see if there's something they can do.

[My EYFSA assured me in March this was being sorted and unfortunately i'm still waiting. There's a shortened version, but I don't see the point of using that when it'll need transferring anyway.]

Better to have an admin person at the Borough transferring all these materials into a Word document for settings to use than each setting making their own arrangements.

Good luck with getting it sorted!

Maz

Edited by sam2368

Poor you! Its galling to say the least when you're waiting for someone to do something which is preventing you from doing something on your 'to do' list! Even more so when you can't control the process.

But then who said life in early years is ever easy! Perhaps when you get it sorted you could send it to them - worth a few brownie points, I'd say! :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)