Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school Leader Required - Meltham, West Yorks

21.25 hours per week and an extra 5 hours paid overtime!!!!

Monday - Friday 9-12.45

Thursday staff meeting 1-3pm

Fantastic committee :o

NVQ3 minimum, CRB check required etc. We will happily support you through NVQ4, degree, EYPS training.

Closing date Weds 10th June EXTENDED TO JULY 11th

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
21.25 hours per week and an extra 5 hours paid overtime!!!!

Monday - Friday 9-12.45

Thursday staff meeting 1-3pm

Fantastic committee :o

NVQ3 minimum, CRB check required etc. We will happily support you through NVQ4, degree, EYPS training.

Closing date Weds 10th June EXTENDED TO JULY 11th

We are still looking and have re-advertised and put back the deadline for applications. I really will bake you a cake!

• 4 weeks later...

When we re-advertised we had a much better response than the 2 applicants the first time around (one of whom never replied when invited to interview).

When I went through the applications I removed 2 which left 6 to interview (1 from 1st time aroun). Not shortlisted - 1 person was a midwife with no childcare quals and the other had less experience but was NVQ3.

Out of those 6 only 4 came to interview, 2 declined including the person from the 1st time we advertised.

So we interviewed 4 (eventually as we had jury service to contend with)!

One of the people we interviewed when asked what she understood of the EYFS answered 'nothing at all' - yes she was qualified and a registered childminder!

The other 3 were actually all employable :(

We have offered the position to one of the candidates and she is due to start in September. I am relieved to say the least!!

After she was offered the position she did ask about her child attending pre-school which has led to me to have to chase up committee in holidays to find out how they feel about it (the joys of committee led settings eh)!

Well you did ask!!! xD

Advertising -

local paper (we knocked them down a lot when we had to re-advertise)

LA website - it seems that most people looking for jobs do look on here - called 'childrens and family information services'

Fish4jobs - included in the local paper price - no applications from here

local schools - a previous leader was employed this way, she was a qualified teacher coming back to work after kids

local supermarket

I think the difference in number of applicants between the two rounds of advertising which were only a few weeks apart, just shows that you never know!

When we were looking 18 months ago the quality of applicants was so poor that we really had no choice but to promote our deputy leader.

Can I just say the reason we go through leaders so fast isn't that we are horrid!!! They have been poached to become a community teacher and inclusion worker which are much better career opportunities than pre-school leader :o

Argh spoke too soon, I have an email off her this morning saying she has changed her mind xD

:o Just when you think it is all sorted too! I hope one of the others is suitable and willing.

Hi,

How difficult for you and after chasing committee re her child. xD:( I really hope that one of the other applicants was suitable and will be able to start with you asap.

Nicky Sussex :o