Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Songs For Babies And Toddlers

Does anyone know any good songs that babies and toddlers really enjoy other that the usual ones?

I was thinking of introducing some bouncing on the knee type of songs for the babies, although really need one-to-one for that - as well as some big chairs - does anyone manage to do this perhaps when some of the other babies are asleep?

My own children used to love 'this is the way the lady rides' and in fact still do at 6 and 8! Just wondering about the logistics of doing it in a baby room with only one big chair - I suppose only one baby and adult singing at a time is the only answer unless I bring in deckchairs or something?

I just stumbled into chat but didn't know what I was doing or what was going on so came out again without saying anything - sorry if seemed rude!

I'm sure no-one would think you were rude! There's a small, long box below the chat which is where you type what you want to say, then just press 'return', or 'send'. It's a good way to relax and chat more informally! You should try again sometime, maybe I'll 'see' you there.

Couldn't you sit on the floor with the babies, or on a cushion from the chair?

Edited by Possum

do you know 'fishies in the water', 'father and mother and uncle john' - mine love those. I sing rhymes throughout the day so that there are always times when a baby can have a one to one rhyme - especially after nappy changes

fishies in the water, fishies in the sea, we all jump up with a 1,2,3. fishies in the water, fishies in the sea, who does baby love the fishies or me (hold baby in your outstretched arms and raise and lower gently or for more robust, bouncy babies you can swing them right down and lift them up high, the fishies can also nibble their chins if they like to be tickled)

Bounce baby on your knees for the next one - Father and mother and uncle john went to market one by one, father fell off (bounce baby to the side), mother fell off (bounce baby to the other side) but uncle john went on and on and on and on and on ( bouncing vigourously on knee)

Row row your boat - baby on lap. Do the verse with the crocodile, and the one with the lion roaring, and then the splash at the end

The Grand Old Duke of York - baby on lap again, but lift up and down at the appropriate parts

Round and round the garden like a teddy bear.....

This little piggy went to market...

If you're happy and you know it - they always love clapping their hands

Pat a cake

Hope that helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)