Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behaviour Managment

Hi can any one help me with the problem I am having with children in the preschool.There are some children who just want to run around fight with the children and just cause mayhem. How do you deal with this problem. The main ones are the ones who are going to reception in September, but it is now effecting the little ones as they are being dragged in. Also how do you deal with a child who is bossy with others and is naughty at home. Her mum and nanny wants to talk to me about her behaviour.

Please help.

Dorinda

Dont think there are any new answers to this old problem Dorinda! We have had 3 young boys today bundling each other, we separate them and do different things with them, then they gravitate back to each other and the same problem arises again, you just have to keep them occupied by engaging them in big building tasks, or being helpful - some of our boys like to go hunting for things which we say we have lost, so they can be super heroes and others like to see if they can build a train track from one end of the hall to the other, you just have to have lots of little ideas to call upon to engage them. One other poster the other day did say that boys get a surge of testosterone between the ages of 4 and 5 and this is one reason why they are always ready for a play fight, it just a question of channelling that energy into something else.

Feel for you dorinda - boys do get 'extra bouncy' during this last term!

Excellent answer from Panders - I would agree with all of her advice.

Capture their interests and keep them busy!

Ah 'bossy girls' - think we've all been there too - gentle reminders are all I can suggest - good news that her mum wants to talk to you - at least she recognises that there is a problem - many don't!!!

Only six weeks to go now! Oh that sounds awful! This can be a difficult term.......but we will miss them when they move on!

Sunnyday

six weeks Sunnyday? don't know if i will make it to the end of term. I think we all have boys like the ones you are describing (and girls). I thought you were describing my setting when I read your post, dorinda. I totally agree with Panders and I do find that my boys enjoy being outdoors much more than indoors. If you have access to the outdoors I would suggest making it available for as much of your session as possible. Good luck, mrsW.x

we all have children with that end of term im the eldest and am boss

what about trying to give her some responsibility,

offering new things to do in the setting, maybe she is bored, needs a challenge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)