Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bezza To Stand Down At Next Election

HappyMaz

I just heard that the Children's Minister Beverley Hughes is to stand down at the next election for what she calls 'family circumstances'. First we lose the head of National Strategies and now the minister responsible for us and the work we do is going too.

I was just wondering whether Gordon Brown will now appoint someone else to the post - it could be the longest notice period ever depending on when the election is, and I wonder how motivated she will be to do the best job she can all the while knowing she won't be seeing any of these policies through.

So who do you think would make a good Children's Minister, and why? :o

Maz

Me and then I can get a nice house for my ducks, have the moat that surrounds Maison Sunnyday cleaned, get the garden landscaped, buy a house for one of my sons from taxpayers money, I would of course hope that Mr Sunnyday would not be ordering any 'special' films :o on Sky Box Office!

Seriously - really don't know Maz - but will have a good 'think' and return later with my considered opinion!

Sunnyday

Me and then I can get a nice house for my ducks, have the moat that surrounds Maison Sunnyday cleaned, get the garden landscaped, buy a house for one of my sons from taxpayers money, I would of course hope that Mr Sunnyday would not be ordering any 'special' films xD on Sky Box Office!

It really isn't surprising that a survey just released has found that many more people now think politicians are in it for the money and really can't be trusted, is it? I haven't heard Beverley Hughes' record on expenses but I'm not aware of her being one of the 'culprits' and so perhaps her wanting to 'spend more time with the family' angle is genuine. I certainly think that so long as the people who are in charge of deciding where to spend money for the most benefit are putting in claims for bath plugs and cases of wine and the like I can have no confidence that we will ever get things right for children.

When I think of all the allowances and extra bits and bobs of money MPs are claiming, it makes me want to weep because I can see exactly where I could put that money to good use for the benefit of the children we care for. Its high time we paid MPs what the job is worth and stop messing about with claiming for things in lieu.

Sunnyday when you get your moat cleaned out I hope we'll all be invited to the garden party? I promise not to bring any ill-advised guests! :o

Maz

Invitation in the post Maz!!! and poor Bev - she is probably completely 'straight' - I just couldn't resist - I don't know if the editor of the Telegraph has any idea what he is doing to my blood pressure!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)