Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage

Rea

Hi, after sending out a questionaire on our provision it turns out that a number of parents are unsure of exactly what the FS is and would like to know more. I'm trying to write a short piece in explaination, but I keep putting too much detail in. Any tips on the most concise info to give so that they understand it. I've read loads of stuff but get carried away when I come to write it, I dont really want a manuel. Thanks :D:D

:D Thanks, I've had a look but I need something straight forward and to the point while still informing. I've tried giving out stuff from nursery world and the one on sure start was given to us 2-3 years ago complete with video. I'm planning some parent workshops so I might wait till then, a lot of FS will be explained through the activities then anyway I suppose. But thanks to all

Let me know what you decide Rea! I have had one of my mums in recently (qualified teacher in Australia about 7yrs ago) asking me about work books for 4yr olds and I just feel so tired of trying to justify what I do. :o Give me some sort of motivation!! :D:D

Well, I sat for ages trying to word it in a parent friendly way and it occured to me that in order to explain FS i should first explain 'play'. So thats what I'm working on now. if I get anywhere with it I'll put it on here. As for motivation, running on empty myself I'm afraid. :D

Thank you Linda,

That's a very good document. It's just a shame that I'm in Scotland and can't just print it off and use it!! xD:o Never mind - saved it so that it is available for adjustment for which I can take all the credit. :D