Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gujarati

Hi does anyone know where I can get hold of some information for parents about what the EYFS is but translated into Gujarati. I have rung dcsf and teacher net publications and they cant find any info translated into any other languages!!

This is all I could find, it was in the nursery world 10th Dec 2008.

'Playing and learning together' - a DVD with examples of how parents and carers can get involved in their children's early learning. DCSF, 2007 (ref: 00671-2007 DVD-EN). Available with subtitles and audio in:

- Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu (ref: 00111-2008 DVD-EN)

- Albanian, Bulgarian, Czech, Romanian, Turkish (ref: 00109-2008 DVD-EN)

I found other references to it in Gujarati but no copies, have you tried your local EY dept?

I have rung dcsf and teacher net publications and they cant find any info translated into any other languages!!

I should jolly well hope they have made a note to do something about it! Talk about not being inclusive!!!

Rant over.

Have you tried Surestart? They did brilliant brochures on the Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage and they were available in several languages. I know I got one in Chinese and seem to remember that Gujarati was one of the languages available. Maybe Surestart have produced something for EYFS?

Sorry it wont let me do link

Went on Surestart website

Click on publications

Click - order publications

Click on Enabling quality

Then parents.

Let me know if you find it - theres about 7 different languages

ah! got it but it is the one I was talking about earlier that I ordered in Chinese, Here is a quote from the English version I just downloaded.

The Foundation Stage is the first stage of the National Curriculum focusing on the distinctneeds of children aged 3 to the end of the reception year in primary school.

I wonder if Surestart plan to update to better reflect EYFS

hi

sorry for the late reply....i have been to the NDNA annual conference last week and the DCFS had a stand. they have produced a height chart 'learning and growing together'. it is for paretns to use together with their child and it includes info on fun things to do and explains the different stages f development.

it is available in lots of different languages,.

you can contact the DCFS publication phoneline on 08456022260 to order copies.

hope this helps1!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)