Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Encouraging Staff To Do More Observations?

Just wondering how everyone in private daycare encourage their staff to do more

observations of the children?

For example- remembering to take post it notes in the garden everyday!!!

I remind them when i can, but its hard to keep a track all the time x x

Make them wear tabards with a pocket in the front so that they always have post-it notes and pen with them at all times???? :o

Motivation techniques, incentives for staff who complete learning journeys to required standard (which requires decent observation)

Discussion with individuals who do not meet their job descriptions ie: knowing children and recording progress. Give them targets to be monitored.

Peggy

observations hey lol!!well at first we was bad with snapshot observations.But with a uniform with pockets it's so much easier!!for instance if outside and the children are doing something,I will write it down!!It is hard when we are full ratio though ie with 16 children!!but it's getting in a routine and snapshotting them 'wow'moments-u cud also use a camera to snap it as the moments occur!!

incentives sound good also!!

I'd keep questioning them 'how do you know x likes that?' 'what made you decide to do that?' 'why is this activity out?' Make them back up their plans with observations they've made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)