Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

K3p1121 - Whistle Blowing

MrsWeasley

Does whistle blowing include telling other's "higher up" in the hierachy in the setting, or is it just about reporting concerns that are being ignored?

My brains given up now, and everything is all merging into one. :o

I would have thought it's mainly about telling other higher up in the workplace. But if they don't listen, moving it on to an even higher level, say Early years team or ofsted. Telling someone on the same level is more like just having a moan really, or a 'blether'

I would have thought it's mainly about telling other higher up in the workplace. But if they don't listen, moving it on to an even higher level, say Early years team or ofsted. Telling someone on the same level is more like just having a moan really, or a 'blether'

Cheers Cait :)

Most employers have a Whistle Blowing policy where you can raise concerns if they have not been dealt with in the workplace. Try googling this. Whistle-blowers should be protected by their employer's policy and their local council in EY's case, if applicable. Sadly whistle blowers are not always protected. Look at the nurse who was struck off for exposing the dreadful treatment of elderly people. We await the outcome of whoever spilled the beans about MP's and their expenses.

Most employers have a Whistle Blowing policy where you can raise concerns if they have not been dealt with in the workplace. Try googling this. Whistle-blowers should be protected by their employer's policy and their local council in EY's case, if applicable. Sadly whistle blowers are not always protected. Look at the nurse who was struck off for exposing the dreadful treatment of elderly people. We await the outcome of whoever spilled the beans about MP's and their expenses.

It didn't occur to me to look at policies and procedures :o Thanks Jacquie!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)