Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Can Accreditation

hi dorinda here, is there anybody doing the I can accreditation. It is meant to be great for the preschool. Loads of work involved. Have to get a portfolio ready. We do the surprise box, the rhyming boxes and the story sack.Phonological awareness. the children love the surprise box.I just want to pass.Anyone done it who can help

hi dorinda here, is there anybody doing the I can accreditation. It is meant to be great for the preschool. Loads of work involved. Have to get a portfolio ready. We do the surprise box, the rhyming boxes and the story sack.Phonological awareness. the children love the surprise box.I just want to pass.Anyone done it who can help

what is the suprise box please. Is it something you put in to excite the children

Hi there is a web site i can accreditation. surprise box is when you have toys in a box that either lights up makes a noise. Each child in a small group choices something from the box they tell you what you have to do to it such as wind it up switch it on.It is good for speech and language. I would like to no how to pass with 100 per cent. Great for the setting Dorinda

It is all about creating a language rich environment. We were praised on our EAL work - bilingual books, posters, key phrases in home language. All toy boxes were labelled with pictures and words so children could initiate a lot more. You need a lot of evidence to support what you do - our portfolio was 2 inches thick by the time I finished. They liked photgraphs of what we did. Lots of Makaton used in the setting - the children know how to sing and sign so this helped. I can email you the signs to some songs if that helps. Small group games and observations and planning were included. We have a light up kooshie ball that one of the children with significant S and L delay particular likes. Were able to demonstrate this as a motivator within language games. Show good links with local speech therapists and examples of programmes you follow. I was lucky enough to be shown how to carry out assessments and plan a programme by a speech therapist and this helped. Use specific words within your portfolio - really push your knowledge! I handed in a case study of a child with jargoning and phonlogical delay, showing aspects of verbal dyspraxia and really pushed that I knew my stuff. Also it is important to make sure everybody is on board as if even 1 person doesn't demonstrate good skills you will fail :o Do you have your portfolio cut off date or your visit date? I can read through my portfolio and help you some more if you need it or just reassurance your heading in the right direction. However I can not guarantee a pass as it is entirely based on your assessors.

Hi my email address is *************** please can you email me with as much information about I can accreditation as possible.thanks Dorinda

Edited by Beau
To remove email address - please use private messaging on the forum

we did ours to and got our accrediatation, its a really good training if delivered by good trainers (we had good and bad on the course i did)

I did enhanced training really interesting to hear from the s and l therapists. It was interesting to know what kind of speech problems occur and when to refer etc

just shows what is and is not available in areas for example in one area there was 1 therapist to 8 settings in a supporting role how fantastic, in my area we have 2 therapist ,hospitial based !!

So far as I know there isn't anything being offered in our area at all - it would have come to my 'desk' and I'd have jumped at it as it's something I'm interested in with the growing incidence of speech problems I'm seeing

That must have been really good to get to do the enhanced. We only got to do supportive due to restrictive funding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)