Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Herbs

Rea

In order to stay on the computer a bit longer and without being pestered, my 14 year old has posed a question, if I get it right I get the computer...so help, What is the biggest known herb in the world? :o

Just to show off that i can use the google on the computer- here's some accompanying information.......... :o

The banana, believed to have originated from the jungles of Asia, is grown on the world’s largest herb plant. Because banana plants reach heights of 15-30 feet, and the stem is not make of wood, the plant is susceptible to damage by winds. Wind traveling at 25 mph can damage or destroy a banana field within minutes. For this reason, each banana plant is supported by a sturdy pole.

The fruit of the banana plant grows on a stem. On average, some 150 bananas grow on each stem. The fruit is ready to be harvested 8-10 weeks after its appearance on the plant. Bunches of bananas are referred to as hands, while a single banana is called a finger. A cluster of bananas is anywhere from four to eight individual fruits.

So go get your computer, girl

Wow, I'm impressed. Actually he made me get off computer straight away because he said I cheated by asking. I had no idea a banana was a herb, I thought it was a fruit, changes snack time somewhat! :D:D

well I was the one who posted that it was a banana TREE so I stand corrected.

I am also trying to find the site that I got my original info. from as I don't expect to be given duff information when I do my searches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;)

byeeeeeeeeeeee

janice :o