Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keyworker Group Names

Verona

We have decided to have names instead of colours for the 5 keyworker groups at Pre-school.

We have come up with a few ideas (robins, kingfishers, wrens, blackbirds, sparrows - hedgehogs, badgers, squirrels, .......... , ............ - ducklings, chicks, piglets, lambs, ............... - but nothing inspiring really.

Does anyone have any wonderful ideas please??

Sue J

The groups in my class have an underwater theme and are as follows:

Starfish, Seahorses, Sharks, Dolphins and Jellyfish. The class love them. Another class has my personal fave (shame she thought of it before me) her class groups are called Jelly tots, Rolos, Smarties etc etc

Hi. We don;t have names as such for our keyworker groups but have 3 rooms with different names. Our babes are starfish, the 2-3's are seahorses (my bunch) and the dolphins are the 3-5's We had a few other ideas when we were thinking these up but could only have 3. These included seals, angel fish, turtles and sealions. Don't knwo if these are any use to you. :)

Or.... Perhaps you could use big ctas. Erm brain going over time now xD Cheetahs, panthers, lions, tigers, pumas and leaopards. Ok I know its 6 not 5 but getting carried away here

:o

The groups in my class have an underwater theme and are as follows:

Starfish, Seahorses, Sharks, Dolphins and Jellyfish. The class love them. Another class has my personal fave (shame she thought of it before me) her class groups are called Jelly tots, Rolos, Smarties etc etc

Lol. You beat me to it to the underwater/sealife theme. :D

Fruit names. But then when I think about it, would they really want to be called lemons, bananas or plums!!!!!

Could use, strawberries, oranges, pears, apples and tomatoes. Nice healthy sound to the names too.

Right now I'm going to shut up as thats 3 posts in a row. Mouth into overdrive lol. I'll be on 1000 posts by midnight at this rate! :o

we currently have nimo, tigger and bob the builder group. each group still has a colour as well. have had everything from fimbles, winnie pooh, spot the dog etc.

we asked the children what they would like their groups to be called (goes down well with inspectors - child consultation) and they decided they wanted to be animals from the zoo, so we have the chimps, giraffes and penguins (their choice).

we also have coloured groups for the larger morning session