Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

When Is A Playleader Not A Playleader?

Odd thing to ask but it's been on my mind for a while.

Does anyone know if a Playleader needs to work full hours to still be the Playleader? In other words, can a Playleader be part time?

Would like to know what other Playgroups do.

ppp

Hi playplayplay, as far as I am aware a Play Leader does not have to work full time. However the Deputy Leader should be there in the Leader's absense. The Deputy should also have the relevant qualifications and have completed a suitable persons form for Ofsted. Hope this helps (and hope its correct information!!!), mrsW.x

We had 2 supervisors/Playleaders and a deputy who all worked part time. Worked well for a long while but now we have 1 Playleader who works full time after 1 of the supervisors left. Its what works for your group.

I was part time as Manager and all the staff part time too, just had to ensure deputy there when I was not... in our case we just ensured we had minimum of 2 level 3s working so we had additional cover . ( but We had all level 3 staff so was not an issue for us, just nominated someone as assistant deputy for the day)

Inge

I was part time as Manager and all the staff part time too, just had to ensure deputy there when I was not... in our case we just ensured we had minimum of 2 level 3s working so we had additional cover . ( but We had all level 3 staff so was not an issue for us, just nominated someone as assistant deputy for the day)

Inge

Hi Inge, did the person in charge not have to have a suitable persons interview and fill in relevant form? Also can I ask if the Level 3 'stepping up' to deputy was given extra money to take on the role of Deputy for the day? (sorry so many questions but would love to work part-time and would like to go armed with lots of information before I go to the committee!), thanks, mrsW.

I am currently the "named" deputy in our setting - something Ofsted said we had to have some time ago. I do not get pad more to be the Leader when I deputise - it is just my job. I also did not have to have a suitable person's interview when I was appointed, but don't quote on that being the rule! I think it might be another Ofsted thing that changes with the wind! Our Leader does do all sessions, barring illness, etc but that is more due to circumstances than anything. We previously toyed with the idea of alternating a day off each week between us to free us up to do "stuff".

Hi Inge, did the person in charge not have to have a suitable persons interview and fill in relevant form? Also can I ask if the Level 3 'stepping up' to deputy was given extra money to take on the role of Deputy for the day? (sorry so many questions but would love to work part-time and would like to go armed with lots of information before I go to the committee!), thanks, mrsW.

Nope no suitable persons interview.. big O said so long as we were satisfied we had done all necessary checks it was Ok, they only do interview on the 1 person. this was no more than checks done on all staff, including a medical declaration and updates each year.

On the days I was not in the deputy got my pay and the person stepping up got deputy pay.. after all they were not paying me.. BUT they did pay me for 1 day off site work at an admin rate, which was same as deputy rate set by committee years ago now.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)