Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rights Of The Child Poster

Hi

I am a childminder doing my nvq3 and my assessor has informed me that I need to have a poster up showing children their rights!

I've had a search online but keep coming up with oxfam ones or ones that are not english! Does anyone know where I can get one from? Prefereably free to download and one poster listing the rights and a bit illustrated for the children to seeas I don't have much wall space and don't want too much in my home.

Thanks Jennie

You can download leaflets and posters here Jennie - they're designed for children but I'm not sure how appropriate they are for the age range of the children you mind!

Never heard of anyone needing a poster of this kind - wonder if your assessor says the same things to groups?

Maz

I have never heard of anyone having a poster like this before. Perhaps you could ring your childminding network coordinator to check.

I will watch this thread with interest in case I am wrong though

:o

I'm just wondering whether the assessor meant the 5 outcomes from every child matters rather than the rights of the child which includes 42 articles - many of which are irrelevant for your children. The every child matters is key in everything we do at school which why I wonder if that's what was meant.

I'm just wondering whether the assessor meant the 5 outcomes from every child matters rather than the rights of the child which includes 42 articles - many of which are irrelevant for your children. The every child matters is key in everything we do at school which why I wonder if that's what was meant.

Sounds much more likely to me.

Sunnyday

Thank you for all your posts! everyone I have spoken to have said that they've never heard of that being required!

I'm guessing it's just to get me through my nvq because it's to answer a question in unit 305 and off the top of my head, the questions is worded something similar to "make children aware of their rights within your setting"

As most of my children are 6months-3 yrs at the moment, it will be a hard thing to explain to them hence the need for an illustrated poster as they can't read!

I think I'll just make one up and laminate it!

I did find some but there are 12 posters covering lots of rights and I don't have the wall space for 12 posters in my home!

Thanks for your replies xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)