Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Coordinator Interview - Help

I've got an interview for an EYFS Coordinator position next week. I have a lot of experience in Foundation 2 (6 years and also a EYFS moderator and Leading Teacher) but very little hands on experience in Foundation 1. I'm not quite sure of the set up in the school as only shortlisted candidates are invited to look round formally, so not sure if it's a unit or 2 Reception classrooms next to a 26 place nursery. I obviously know the theories of child-initiaited and adult-led, continuous provision etc and how it works in Foundation 2 but is there anything else I need to know about Foundation 1/Nursery, or can anyone suggest any questions I might get.

Any help appreciated

Why do you want this job?

Do you feel you are qualified for this job?

Are you willing to undertake further training?

Tell us why we should give you this job?

That's what I'd ask anyway :o

don't know if this is of any help, but I've always found much more time in F1 is spent settling the children, giving them confidence to feel happy, to explore, to talk to other children and adults and establishing being part of a new "family"- lots and lots of PSED- especially when some haven't been away from home before- also winning over the trust of parents who have never left children before and getting them to be interested in the learning and development side as opposed to you being someone who is just going to offer care.

Importance of giving time to ensure firm foundations. Also, do you know if the F1 and F2 classes share areas or are separate? Do they share the same approach to learning- went to a school last week with whole session free flow in Nursery, but F2 did focused activities which they rotated around for the first part of morning and afternoon and then free flowed after that- those kind of things would fall under your remit as EYFS leader.

They might ask you about continuity and progression within the FS phase, dealing with staff who may not subscribe to your approach to learning. how would you define your style of leadership, could be anything- usually depends on the issues within the school at the time. Good luck!

Thanks for your help. As I said I don't really know the set up which sounds a bit unprepared. Got my sister to get a prospectus for me tomorrow so hopefully that might tell me more. Will keep you posted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)