Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Displaying Work In A Pack Away Setting

Being a pack-away-playgroup in a community building we can't use display boards or display the children's work on the walls. To combat this we have put up a washing line in our writing area where the children can peg up their work but I'd like to display more of the children's work The fold away displays boards are too expensive to buy but I have now read about cardboard display screens which Hope Education sold last year for around £30. I can't find anything like that now after a quick web search and wondered if anyone has heard of them or would like to share what they do if a smililar setting to mine.

I look foward to your replies!

ppp

There are some packs of fold a way card display boards for £25 or hanging displays for a similar price. You'll need to scroll down. Hope that helps. :o

We bought these a couple of years ago but they are not at all sturdy and kept getting knocked over by children when we put them on the floor. However for table top displays they were ok. We found it difficult to attach things to them though - double sided sticky tape would mean they could only be used once, and blu-tac didn't stick very well.

We have the same issues as you playplayplay (can I call you P3 ?) We have a few lightweight boards which we have covered in fabric so that velcro can be used to stick children's pictures on. They are light enough to carry in and out of the cupboard every day, and so we can position them wherever they are needed!

Its a perennial problem - good luck with solving it!

Maz

Do you have a local ScrapStore? Often you can find useful stuff like big card, surplus office screens etc. Always worth a look. We bought 3 small display boards recently from WMS our local supplier. There is one shaped like a train engine and 2 carriages. My thinking is that we will no-nail these to the back of our cabinets on wheels which we use as a room divider. Then the children can display their own work!

I also want to buy a digital photo frame so we can photograph the children's work and display it electronically.....

Edited by Guest

large cardboard box, covered in paper is great for displaying work or posters. You obviously can't display all sides at the same time but it is great for children as it sits on the floor (perfect height!) I have seen one in use and it looks great, much better than I have just described (sorry!) mrsW.x

Thanks everyone, I think I'll purchase those cardboard screens. I'll thread string through and then peg up their work so they are more re-usable and pssible tie them to the wall to stop them falling over.

Really appreciate your ideas and help, thanks!

ppp

Also, large cardboard box, great idea!!!!

I love this forum!

Maz, you mentioned velcro-ing work to your felt boards, doesn't that use up a lot of velcro as I'm guessing it rips the paper when taken off? (yes, you can call me p3)

ppp

Maz, you mentioned velcro-ing work to your felt boards, doesn't that use up a lot of velcro as I'm guessing it rips the paper when taken off?

Yes P3 it does use a lot of velcro - but I buy it in bulk at B&Q and cut the pieces quite small! :o But it does mean we don't have to re-cover the boards every time we change the display which takes a lot of time and effort. And means I don't have to squint at the backing of double sided sticky tape trying to remove it with fingernails which are never up to the task!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)