Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef

skippy

Hi Skippy

Do a forum search - 'Exemplar SEF' - some v. helpful members have uploaded their SEF and others have given some good suggestions that you may find helpful.

Hope that helps

Sunnyday

To be honest, my approach has been just to sit down and get on with it, without worrying what everyone is doing or whether what I'm doing is right. I think once you've got something in place, you can then adapt it as and when you want. What's right for your setting won't be right for anyone else's.

Rather than doing it online, I've downloaded the document so I can do it in my own time, you can always post this to Ofsted instead.

Also, remember that a human being has to read it (yes, ofsted inspectors are human!) and don't put endless detail that isn't relevant. For every comment you make about your setting, include supporting evidence about how it relates to the EYFS, rather than just listing everything you do.

Another tip is to remember that a lot of stuff you might write will fit in two sections, I'm going to move some of the stuff I did early on in the form into later sections to fill it out.

Finally, I'd say remember that what's important is what you do with your children, and not what some government body thinks.

Rant over! Good luck with it.

Sue.

Sue - with reference to 'yes, Ofsted Inspectors are human!' - is this something you have on good authority - or just a rumour?!!!

I have found it very helpful and interesting to look at other peoples SEFs - but maybe that is just my 'insecurity'.

Still haven't actually started mine - tut,tut!

Sunnyday

Hi all thanks for your replies i wasnt interested so much it what had bee written more if there were any tips or hints whilst writting.

Thanks again id be losy without this site!

hi dont kniow if too late but went on training day was told you need to say what impact anything you do has on the children eg we ......... and because of this/which means / etc the children .....

just ensure with each thing you say you do you say what impact it has on the children

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)