Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq Ccld Level 4

dottyp

Hi all

just wondering if anyone is doing or has completed a level 4 in childcare. I did the DPP3 a few years back and

now in a position to go up the next step of the ladder! Any advise on length of time it takes, topics covered etc would be useful.

It always seems a bit scary when considering a new qualification :o

many thanks

dottyp

hi dottyp

I completed mine last april it was hard work and quite alot of written work because its management level you cannot be observed very much (at least thats how my assessor did it). I will rake outmy folder tomorrow and give you some more details. one unit was very hard going because it was on reflective practice and I didnt realise they could be so many knowledge questions and performance criteria on reflective practice!!!

Salm

Hi, can i just ask how does this differ to the certificte in early years which is the Early years Practitioner level 4, im doing it though ou, but all these other courses keep appearing, am v confused :o , but hey doesnt take much to confuse me these days lol.

Gill x

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all

just wondering if anyone is doing or has completed a level 4 in childcare. I did the DPP3 a few years back and

now in a position to go up the next step of the ladder! Any advise on length of time it takes, topics covered etc would be useful.

It always seems a bit scary when considering a new qualification :o

many thanks

dottyp

Hi, ive just started my Nvq level 4 so far so good! My tutor comes out to me once a month, she said that i will be assessed on half in my work place n the other half will be written evidence !

Ursh

I have just completed mine. You need to be managing or near enough a setting as you need to be observed doing appraisals, staff meetings etc

There are 4 mandatory units and 5 free choice ones which you should match nearest the type of work that you do. I did it in a year but had to be very disiplined about doing the work as I have a busy job and family!!! Will it chnge my job prospects or salary???? - probably not as I run my own setting! However it did make me take stock of my practice and evaluate everything I do and help me set up my new venture :o

Edited by bluestar

• 1 month later...

Hi - just tagging onto the end of this posting.

I have been informed that the qualification that i have had for many many years is no longer acceptable. I have owned my Pre-school and worked in it every day for 25 years and was possibly thinking of stepping back in a few years time. To be told that my "old" qualification is not worth the paper it's written on, is an insult to all the years of experience, other courses, seminars, etc etc , i have been on, to keep me up to the standard required.

I have been told I should do an NVQ 4. I asked if I could fast track as I do Staff appraisals, have all paperwork, staff induction, risk assessment forms, I compile the Prospectus, Welcome packs etc - can I show these as evidence?

I have thought and thought about what I should do. I don't want to commit myself to doing the course without getting as much information as I can - how long is the course? how many modules? what do they cover? is there a lot of written work? I need someone that has done the course to tell me what to expect - warts and all !!!!!!

I have been thinking/worrying about this for a week or so - can't get to sleep - then I doze off and after a while I wake up again and start thinking of things and can't get back to sleep again!!! I have got to make a decision soon. I'm really exhausted - there are only 2 weeks until we break up for the hols - I think I can just about make it!!!!!!

Sorry for the whinge and indecision.

Sue J

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have been a playgroup leader at our local village playgroup for the past 9 months, I passed my NNEB Diploma 16 years ago, I stepped into the role of leader after a 9 year break from childcare as i didn't want the playgroup to close (no one else qualified i was on the committee at the time),I was told that my qualification was equivalant to a level 3. I am now thinking of doing an NVQ but not sure whether to do 3 or level 4 as it's been years since i did my training.

Can anyone give me any help on how to decide which to do.

Thanks

Clare :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)