Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing My Good News

emmajess

Just wanted to post to say that we got the letter yesterday saying which school my little girl will be going to in September and we got our first choice! I'm sooooo pleased. There were 3 good schools to choose from, each had different things we liked about it, different strengths, and we couldn't make up our minds, kept going round in circles etc etc... Then we went to visit a village school which is a bit further away, mostly just because as a teacher I wanted to see what it was like - we pretty much had decided before we went that we wouldn't apply even if it was really great. To be honest I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the ones we'd already seen

But when we went to the open evening the head was amazing, really passionate (and Early Years trained - she seemed to take lots of good bits of EYs practice and apply it to the rest of the school) the school had a great ethos, everything was fantastic - bot myself and my husband had shivers down our spine - it just really felt like the right place for our little girl - I could really immediately picture her there...

Anyway, the class was only 15 children, which for my daughter is a real plus point, but 8 places were already taken by siblings. We live outside the catchment area so I really didn't expect to get in. The shivers made us put it as our first choice, though, just in case!

Sorry for the lengthy explanation, but it explains why I'm jut so excited - I didn't expect to find a school I really had that kind of 'feeling' about and when we did, I certainly didn't expect to get one of the 7 places left!!

There, wanted to share my good news with my fsf friends!