Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hygiene

Hi i woundered if anyone could help me. I have a member of staff at my setting who has a problem with her personal hygiene. She smells very unpleasant and a few of my members of staff have complained to me about it. Does anyoune have any advice for me and how i go about the problem?

Hi Hannah

I know this is a delicate problem as we had the same sort of thing a year ago. I had parents, staff and children complaining so I spoke to the chair person who dealt with it very sensitively and professinally. I'm not really sure what she said but it worked. :)

We also did a topic on keeping ourselves clean ...... which I think helped as well.

Good luck

Carol

Thanks Carol, it is a very delicate matter and i don't want to upset the staff member but i am worried that the parents will start complaining if i don't do something!

I tried at our last staff meeting to address the concern but in a way that wouldn't directly pick on the member of staff. so i talked about uniforms and how we should all come to work looking presentable as we want to have a good reputation. but i found it hard to talk about hygiene. :o

Hi Hannahb, a friend of mine many years ago was known by all as the 'smelly one'. Hints about which deodorants we were all using were useless, and I, during a quiet moment when we were talking about this and that, plucked up the courage to tell her that she did have rather a body odour problem. She was totally unaware of it but for a long time afterwards she would ask me if she was ok. It's an embarressing subject to raise,(for both of you) but as a friend I think thats what you should do. Sorry there's no easy way :o:D

I am not sure that i should take it to the chair as i have only met him the once at the last AGM meeting and wouldn't feel comfortable with the idea of him being involved.

I'm getting support from my mentor and also value others opinions. so thanks for your replies :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)