Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music Sessions

I have been asked to deliver a music session each week in our Nursery 3-4 yrs room and despite my user name, don't know that much about music! Anyone able to recommend a format they use so that I could plan a successful session which includes everything I should be covering.

Many thanks for any replies.

You could use the musical instruments and let the child explore how they sound. :(

Get them to try and copy a repeated pattern that you make. Pass on the instrument and try it again. Can they make up there own pattern. :(

We also have dance sessions and listen to a variety of different CD's in order to move fast/slow etc., we also do action songs, we use streamers to dance with. We class all of these as part of our music session. xD

Can the children make noises with parts of there bodies i.e. clapping, tapping knees, stamping feet, clicking tongues - these are all different forms of sound and music. We have small plastic chairs and the children use there finger nails to rub the back of them to make noises.

Is this what you are looking for or do you specifically want music played on an instrument? :o

Thanks so much- some great ideas to get me started- I just like Mozart's music! What does a Kodaly teacher do? Thanks again.

We have recently just had a lady start at our school who comes on a wednesday to play the piano. We have a whole school sing first thing then each class - or in my case the foundation stage - have individual singing time with her which totally threw me! Another teacher at school told me about www.singup.org and it's brilliant. Loads of songs on there, you can play it so the children hear it first then sing along, you can print off the words and it has the sheet music too so something like a piano can be included! Anyway its got loads of popular songs on and they are grouped by theme! Hope that helps xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)