Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Preschool Planning

Hi all,

I'm here to beg and plead for some of your knowledge and advice. I currently work in a nursery, but enjoy working with the older children and so have been applying for jobs in preschools - to my delight I have been offered an interview for a role, but I'm in a bit of a tizz now, the role is responsible for the planning for the preschool, and while I've done planning for nursery, I haven't done any planning for preschools, and haven't seen any examples to give me some ideas. I'm hoping some of you might be kind enough to offer me some advice, and possibly (if I'm really lucky) some examples to have a look at - I'll be eternally grateful if someone could post up an example of short, medium and long term planning for a preschool.

Thank you thank you thank you in advance to anyone who can help me...

Danielle

planning for 3-5 pre-school will really be no different to the same age in a nursery, but they may have a format they use, or be looking to change if finding one better, the planning varies greatly between settings, be it a different nursery or preschool... so long as you know your EYFS and how to plan using the child centered approach. As a preschool we stopped meduim term pals a couple of yeas ago when we moved to no topics and follow childrens interests.. using mini topics, and ur lon term plan consists o the EYFS and a list of suggested special days, not that we would do all on the list , a guide only. Planning is day to day, and changes frequently.

structure is not at all formal and learning though play the big thing.. but always has been for our setting...

Main difference could be the environment available and getting everything out and putting away, depending on location, this a big difference and it can be hard until used to the idea that you spend half your life doing the same every day!

hope it is what you are looking for..

Inge

Edited by Inge

Thanks so much to you both - that's brilliant. I'll have a hunt around for planning in the resources part. I'm not sure if they are in their own premises, or rented premises, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Thanks so much to you both - that's brilliant. I'll have a hunt around for planning in the resources part. I'm not sure if they are in their own premises, or rented premises, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Also worth taking a look at the EYFS CD in your pack (assuming you have one) or browse the website for online resources.

http://www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/site...rce/index.htm#5

There are a couple of good examples of planning pro-formas on there that I have adapted to use in our setting.

Good luck!

DDC

I'll be key person for some of them, but will be responsible for planning over the whole preschool so (hopefully) won't be key person for all the children.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)