Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Don't Often Cry!

Gezabel

Its lovely to hear how determination and positive attitude can really eventually pay off...

I know exactly the feeling of a son who comes though so many difficulties to triumph in the end... I cried too!

hope you enjoy the day,

Inge

It's fantastic to hear a good news story Geraldine. Thanks for sharing! And don't forget to post a photo of the great day, if you can see through the tears of pride! Have a great time xxx

Wonderful news! Congratulations to your son!

As has been said before, as a mum to two grown-up sons, I know the feeling. Enjoy the day, it will be very special and I am sure you will shed even more tears.

Hi Geraldine, just read your post and it made me want to cry with pride!!! Hope you and your family have a super day at your son's passing out parade. mrsW.x

What a lovely moment - my eyes welled up reading your story, too. You must be so proud and so much of his determination, perseverance and self-belief to follow his dream must have come from you and the loving home you've given him. So well done to both of you!

Hi Geraldine

Congratulations to both you and your son :o Tears are welling up just reading all these wonderful posts!

There is nothing quite so special as that mother and son bond (having a 15yr old son I speak from experience too)

dottyp

OOh you got me too!

I guess only having a 15 month old daughter I can see how small achievements mean so much but I imagine that the pride after such an uphill battle will be overflowing.

My younger sister is in the force and I was so proud to attend her passing out parade 6 years ago and she has now just completed her first year in CID and has passed her sergeant's exams too, so I'm a very proud big sis.

Congratulations to your son and cherish every moment of the passing out ceremony

RB x

Congratulaions to your son for all his hard work and determination Geraldine, and to you for giving him the tools to acheive it.

Have a fab day at his passing out parade. Hope the sun shines :o

Geraldine, What wonderful news, it's really brightened up my day :o

I can just imagine your son standing tall and proud on his passing out parade, and you the proud mum shoulders straight, head held high, with a HUGE beaming smile that will make your face ache, wanting to shout out loud, "That's MY Son" xD

Enjoy, enjoy, can't wait to see the pics too. :(

Peggy

wanting to shout out loud, "That's MY Son" xD

Peggy

Oh Peggy that expression made me laugh out loud! :(

A few years ago my mother-in-law died just before a very important football match two of my sons were due to play in. There was discussion over whether they should play or not but knowing how much she loved their football exploits it was agreed that she would want them to play. They both decided to wear black arm bands and I thought 'that was that'. I hope no one will be offended by the next bit!! but have to say that 'Granny' had a great sense of humour.

My youngest son wore a white T.shirt underneath his football shirt and he had written on the back ' I (then a red heart) love Granny, R.I.P that one was for you!'. Luckily he managed to score a goal and his celebration was to rip off his football shirt for everyone to see the message on the T shirt - everyone applauded and I actually shouted (very loudly!) 'That's my boy'!!!! :(

My 'that's my boy' has gone down in family history but I am 'not allowed' to shout it any more :(

Maybe I could use it again after all :o :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

and I am sure 'Granny' will be very proud too on Parade day. :o

Peggy

Gulp! <don't cry mode!>

I don't know what's wrong with me but emotions seem to be all over the place - please tell me it's just menopausal and it will pass!

Now wishing with all my heart that all four grandparents had lived to see this but sadly it wasn't to be xD

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my son has been practicising 'by the left, quick march, left right left right :o ' all week! I have the glad rags at the ready and we are off tomorrow morning so if any of you lovely people can control the weather please don't let the rain fall in Hendon tomorrow!!! I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself!

From all the paperwork that has arrived I guess some companies will be making a fortune tomorrow! We can buy a dvd of events, official photographs and a whole host of other things - all at high prices but for once I don't care and think my debit card will be spending more time out of my purse than in it xD:(

Have a great time Geraldine, just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow and there is supposed to be sunshine. I don't think you will mind what the weather does though. Let us know how it goes, mrsW.x

What a moment to savour, Geraldine!

Hope the sun shines on you but even if it doesn't I know you will have a fabulous day. Looking forward to seeing pics of a proud boy with his even prouder mum!

Maz

It's raining here in Leicester Geraldine but I have ordered sunshine for you in Hendon today. xD

I'm sure you will have a fantastic day whatever the weather. Don't forget to post some photos soon so we can all share your proud moment.

Best of luck...........gosh I can almost feel your excitment! :o

Oh, Geraldine!

How great to be coming back to the forum after a long enforced (OU!! :o ) absence to realise today is the day!

I hope it's been and is being the best possible day.

Lots and lots of love and hugs

Sue (((xxx)))

:oxD Thank you for all your lovely messages and for sending the sun to Hendon :(:( There were just a couple of spots of rain but no-one really noticed!

It was quite simply the BEST DAY EVER :( :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

The band, the speeches, the marching the, the, the, the oh just everything!!!!!!!! :unsure: ;):ph34r:

I wasn't quite expecting it to be such an emotional day! My utter pride for my son is indescribable but at the last minute he managed to get a third ticket so his youngest brother was able to attend too and seeing his pride for his 'big' brother blew me away completely. We were encouraged to clap and cheer as they marched past us 'eyes left' and no-one yelled louder than 'baby brother!' He was also in charge of the camera and we are now ploughing through 267 photographs! :ph34r: We had official ones done too of course and ordered a dvd :ph34r: for now here is a couple my youngest son took as we arrived

Edited by Geraldine

Oh wow! the photo is fantastic - even when viewed through slightly blurry, teary eyes!

Congratulations to you all - glad the Big Day went so well.

Nona

Oh wow! the photo is fantastic - even when viewed through slightly blurry, teary eyes!

Your post brought tears to my eyes too Geraldine! So glad you had a lovely day and the photos are just fab. These memories will bring a warm cosy glow to the coldest of days for many many years to come. Happy days!

Maz