Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq3 Standards

Cait

Please can someone point me in the direction of where I can download the new NVQ3 childcare standards. I've been trawling the net for a while and can't find them. One of my staff is just starting hers and we'd like to make a start on things before her pack arrives - which could be a month away!

Please can someone point me in the direction of where I can download the new NVQ3 childcare standards. I've been trawling the net for a while and can't find them. One of my staff is just starting hers and we'd like to make a start on things before her pack arrives - which could be a month away!

CWDC - CCLD 3

Ta da! I have it permanently open on my laptop! xD

Eek! That's just unit 307! :o

I shall be back!

Right - The link should now take you to the whole thing,! :)

Edited by MrsWeasley

Why not check with your staff member's assessor? S/he should know which version you need.

Well I would do if I could - she seemed quite confident that I could download them off the web, but I couldn't find them and thought that some helpful soul on here would have some idea of where they were

Well what's on that PDF is exactly what's in my portfolio...

So unless it's been updated since September? :o

I believe it has been updated since January, yes

Well it will be relevant to the standards that you have. Like I say, I think it's changed - I'm sure I've read somewhere that they were revamping it, but it may just be something as simple as allowing for EYFS within its framework.

Hey - I'm quite prepared to be wrong though!

Hey there

As some of you may know, I am doing my level 3 at the moment.

According to my college, CACHE had a look at the part time level 3 course and reduced the amount of written work that had to be completed, putting more emphasis on what the assessor will see being put into practice in the childcare setting.

This new reduced course is the one I am on and it started in September of last year.

Hope this helps.

Will check my standards against Mrs Weasley, although looking through them at a glance, they do look the same.

OK have just check the first 2 units and although the wording is slightly different, the standards are the same.

Siobhain

Edited by Guest

We started at the same time so surely we should be doing the same standards?

And as for less written work... I'm doing [insert rude word of your choice here] loads...

It's actually getting stupid how much I'm doing and have left to do. :oxD:(

I won't be reccomending the NVQ I can tell you that much!

There hasn't been any changes that I am aware off and I have been assessing since last september. There also shouldn't be too much that you need to do before you start. Most of the assessing is done through observation and discussion. Is your staff member going to college. The candidates I work with go to a nuber of college sessions and they are given a workbook with some work that needs to be done around the knowledge specification that are more difficult to observe. They also do some writing about the core policies of the setting and maybe some reflective accounts.

I know when you enrol on a course you just want to start but looking at the standards might look scarier than it is.

Dx

There hasn't been any changes that I am aware off and I have been assessing since last september. There also shouldn't be too much that you need to do before you start. Most of the assessing is done through observation and discussion. Is your staff member going to college. The candidates I work with go to a nuber of college sessions and they are given a workbook with some work that needs to be done around the knowledge specification that are more difficult to observe. They also do some writing about the core policies of the setting and maybe some reflective accounts.

I know when you enrol on a course you just want to start but looking at the standards might look scarier than it is.

Dx

thanks Denise, I was an NVQ assessor in a 'former life', ie Pre-preschool management, and they've changed a little since then. No, she won't be attending college at all, she has an assessor and in essence, I'm her tutor, although she has access to someone at NVQWorldwide too

Why does my college seem to be doing it so differently to everyone else?!

Perhaps it saves time and money if your assessor doesn't have to visit you so often in the setting to carry out observations? I know that might sound cynical, but that's because I am! xD

Keep plugging on - the only consolation is that you're building up a great folder of work which I'm sure will be of benefit for your next course! :o

Keep plugging on - the only consolation is that you're building up a great folder of work which I'm sure will be of benefit for your next course! :o

Next course?

It's not going to help me when I leave childcare and go do a photography course xD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)