Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Teaching And Primary Exhibition

HappyMaz

Have just registered MrsWeasley, campbells and myself for the show in Manchester. Is anyone else going? Not sure whether we'll drive up in the morning or on Friday and stay overnight somewhere...

Would be good to add to the list of EYFS forum-ers I've met this year... xD

Maz

PS the other thing I need to know is whether I'm being dense but if Special Needs North is on at the same time and the same place do I need to register for both? :o Or am I having a little trouble understanding letters and dates today? :(

I'm going. I've got my ticket already. The special needs north is part of the same exhibition! I've registered with the SEN bit this time as that's my main interest and last year the queues to get in for the SEN bit were WAY shorter!

I shall be going on the Saturday as obviously I'm in work on the Friday.

Hi there... just been on the site for the exhibition, and Im slightly confused (doesnt take much) :o I would really like to go and I'v registered, But what do u get??

If you dont register for seiminars is there anything else to do there? Or is it all based around the seminars? I would really like to go to some of the seminars, but at £12 each it is going to cost quite a bit .....

Please help me understand what it is all about.... is it worth paying for a few seminars??

Emma

Emma it depends on what you want to do really. I've been to shows when I've booked onto seminars and also when I haven't. If you haven't booked on seminars there is still a lot to see and you can pick up great ideas from wandering round the stands looking at resources etc. I'm not sure whether I'll book seminars this time - but £12 is a good price to see someone you're really interested in such as Penny Tassoni who I notice is there this year.

And of course if you don't go on seminars there is more time to spend chatting to FSF-ers! :o

We're going on Saturday too - can't say I'll negotiate as good a deal as when I got my lovely rug at the Nursery World show but its always worth a look when exhibitors are breaking up their stands and don't want to take stuff home at the end of the Show!

Maz

There's lots of stalls to look at if you don't go to the seminars. I'm not booked on anything this year as there was nothing that caught my eye. I have been to lots in the past and think they are great value for money.

Yep me is going on the Saturday, got the new pre-done ticket to get my badge on the Saturday! Me doesn't think that I want to go to any seminars on the Saturday but would rather talk to FSF-ers!

Beth

Hi it is years since I went to this event where do I register? have looked on the nursery world site and tried to google it but I am a bit challenged when it comes to finding things !

sue

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've just booked a hotel for campbells, MrsWeasley and I (well actually I book six beds, but that's another story) so we're all set. Just need to think about what to pack...

Have we got a final list of who is going? :o

Maz

Well I've just booked a hotel for campbells, MrsWeasley and I (well actually I book six beds, but that's another story) so we're all set. Just need to think about what to pack...

Have we got a final list of who is going? :o

Maz

Ok sounds like a great story!

Me will come, BUT I have to be back near home for 3.30pm, so I shall have to come in the morning!

Beth

Sadly I didn't make it either as my daughter has been very poorly. She's on the mend now but I felt I couldn't go today. I'm sad because I would have liked to meet up with Maz and the rest of the crew. Another time perhaps.

A mixed couple of days, I think.

Due to incompetence on my part we failed to meet Nichola. :( I was disappointed not to be able to use a tram. I stupidly left my handbag at Keele Services but fortunately my purse was safely tucked into the pocket of my hoodie so that didn't prevent me spending money! :(

I drove for what seems like a whole day only to spend about 45 minutes driving a few hundred yards to the car park suggested by the hotel - by the time we arrived it was almost time to get up. We had witnessed various revellers decorating the pavement xD and a car crash. How typical of Manchester City Centre on a Friday night I'm not sure! :o

Having left my car at the car park and walked to the venue, I was unable to take advantage of the 20% off on the Community Playthings stand (and anyway campbells and I were in disagreement about what we should buy - although MrsWeasley would like one of their rocking chairs for her bedroom).

I had a temper tantrum on the Aspect stand (yes, if you're a member on here that was me!) and pointed out the fatal flaw in a product on another. My chin nearly hit the floor on the CWDC stand when I was told there are currently approximately only 3,000 EYPs. :(

I was very disappointed at the number of people who just wanted to give me a leaflet and then go back to their conversations which were obviously more interesting than I was, standing before them with my purse burning a hole in my pocket! We overheard one chap talking at lunch about how his stand had cost £1,000 (not sure whether that was for both days or just for Saturday), but I would have thought that for such an investment it might have been better to try to identify whether I was interested in buying or just browsing.

We were running our own game of Exhibition Bingo - not sure who won because we haven't totalled up yet but I'm sure our totals will be fairly similar since we pretty much stuck together all day! However I would say there was a shortage of pens this year.

Oh, and my handbag was safely taken into custody at the Services and I retrieved it on the way home! Cheque book and iPOD both kept safe!

Maz

The chap at lunch was saying that any exhibition you get a stand for, you have to be there for every day it's running. And it cost him £1000 a day! Blimey xD And then he was also saying that because of the sort of business they run, a lot of people show interest but then have to go away and talk to head teachers and stuff, so they don't even know if it's paid off until a couple of months later :o

But it sounded like a very interesting business he ran!

And it cost him £1000 a day!

It just shows that my daughter's "listening to other people's conversations" skills are better developed than mine! I know that from time to time someone has suggested having an FSF stand at these exhibitions - but we thought that the cost alone would probably rule that out. Although the way the membership is growing there wouldn't seem much point. Much better for Steve to spend any excess money on badges, pens, t-shirts etc, I'd say! xD

Maz

PS How about canvas bags though? - it seems everyone has them these days! We love them (and they're worth more points than plastic on our Bingo!). :o

Canvas bags I like, but good big ones with flat bottoms. :o

We particularly liked the ones on the National Strategies stand at the Islington show - just the right size for files etc and as you say, good flat bottoms so they stand up on their own. Didn't see any yesterday though - perhaps they were just a bit too popular!

Maz