Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessor Ccld

Hi,

Wasn't sure where to put this post, so if it needs moving, sos.

Anyway, I have an interview on Monday as an assessor for NVQ's and the interview specifies there will be a short assessment exercise relating to the NVQ standards.

I have put this in the search engine and have had loads of hits looking at NVQ Health and Social care and I can download the standards, however, can't find anything on childcare.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance (hopefully)

Net x

:o

Hi there!

Have just googled it and found this.

http://www.nvqcare.org.uk

Dont know if it is much help to you or not. It does list the units of which 5 are mandatory and another 4 optional.

I also found this book for assessors of NVQ on Amazon, would your local library have it? I have noticed you are doing a degree hence the timer at the bottom!! Would your uni have it available in their library?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/04354022..._pt#reader-page

You can look inside this book on the amazon page.

I am completing my level 3 at the moment and continually have the level 3 handbook beside me!! If there are any knowledge points (these being the standards as far as I am aware) that you need, let me know and I can email them to you. The first knowlege point in Unit 301 (mandatory unit) Develop and promote positive relationships is:

The importance of good working relationships in the setting (K3C154)

And if I'm not looking at this from the right angle, please forgive me.

Siobhain

Edited by Guest

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the link, lots of reading to do.

Will let you know how it goes although not overly confident as it is advertised as full time and I am hoping they will be flexible with the holidays.

Ah well, the experience of the interview will be worth it anyway.

Net xx

Hi,

The interview went well but not as confident in the assessment.

I had to write an action plan for a unit for a NVQ 2 in Health and Hygiene and then anaylse an observation and mark it against the unit criteria.

Not sure if I blagged it or not but I am meant to hear by the end of the week and as of yet nothing. So not counting my chickens.

Ah well

Thanks for your help anyway

net xx

• 2 weeks later...

congratulations!!! I hope it goes well for you and look forward to hearing about it.

It's funny I was thinking about heading down a similar route myself this morning!

Jen

Well done you!

This is what I was going to do instead of going back to work after having Eva, but the company was based in the south and I'm 'oop north' so it was difficult for them to get someone to mentor me to train me.

Keep us all posted on how it goes!

RB x