Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics Course - Practical Activities - Anyone Interested

Hi everyone

I just wondered if anyone was interested - I have collected together over 100 ideas for practical phonics activities in the areas of provision and linked them to Letters and Sounds phases of learning. I am going to run a couple of twilight courses in May to share my ideas and include a draft copy of my book in the course fee (£30). I am running the course at my school in Leeds and there will be opportumity to look around my Foundation Unit and talk to staff.

I am inserting a copy of the flier for anyone who is in or around Leeds and might be interested and a couple of ideas from the book to give you a taster.

Hope it will be of interest/use to people.

Challenge_Phonics_flier.doc

Hi

This looks really interesting so if its ok could I forward round a few schools in doncaster I work in?

Hopefully a few of us might be able to make it

Vicky

I am going to run a couple of twilight courses in May to share my ideas and include a draft copy of my book in the course fee (£30).

Leeds is too far from sunny Maidenhead, I fear. However, I would be interested in buying a copy of the book, if it were available!

Maz

Hi helenrhino

Unfortunately too far away from Surrey but would be very interested in purchasing a copy of your book as

we are just about to venture into making up a letters and sounds activity box. Please let me know if this is

possible :o

dottyp

Hi

This looks really interesting so if its ok could I forward round a few schools in doncaster I work in?

Hopefully a few of us might be able to make it

Vicky

That would be great! I am contacting schools in Leeds but don't know how to contact schools in authorities nearby. Thanks for your help and interest.

Helen

Are you doing Phase 1-6 or just concentrating on earlier ones?

Most activities are linked to Phases 2 to 5 and can be used within a F, Y1 classroom that has some areas of provision and gives children the time and chance to work independently on 'challenge' tasks.

Hi, sounds r eally good, where abouts in leeds is it. Just hating driving through leeds is is easy to get to from the town centre as i may catch the train. Is it suitable for nursery and year 1. thanks 0258 :o

Hi, sounds r eally good, where abouts in leeds is it. Just hating driving through leeds is is easy to get to from the town centre as i may catch the train. Is it suitable for nursery and year 1. thanks 0258 :o

Hi

My school is about 20 mins from train station in Leeds centre, land to drive you leave Leeds on A64 and its in an estate about a mile off that road, not too difficult. Most activities suit R and Y1, depends what you do on phonics in N. We don't do formal teaching activities until the start of R and so the practical activities link with that. We have continued tthe same approach in Y1 and it has been successful. Hope that helps.

Sounds really good but too far away like many others!

Is there anything that could be offered for us lot who live far away? E.g. buying copies of the book etc or does it all need explaining?

Claire

The book is dead simple and I hope is really clear and self-explanatory so once I get it sorted would be happy to sell book to those who are interested. The book isn't published yet so at the moment it will just be ring bound with a pvc cover. Hope that will be ok.

sounds great, how would we go about getting as copy of the book in whichever format is easiest for you?

Nicky Sussex :o

sounds great, how would we go about getting as copy of the book in whichever format is easiest for you?

Nicky Sussex :o

Thanks for your interest - I will get a print run organised in Easter hols and post details of how to get it on here.

I too am too far away but would definately be interested in a copy of the book when you have some printed. Let me know how to get one! I can't wait! xx

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update anyone interested on the course.

It was FANTASTIC!!!

The resource book is deady easy to understand, activites seem so simple but effective I am still buzzin after yesterday.

The evening was definatley worth the trip and my advice to anyone would be

BUY the BOOK!!!!

Super Super Super

Thanks for a wonderful evening :(xD:o:(

Yes too far for me too unfortunately, but I am also interested in the book as always trying to think of ways to make my phonics more fun.....

Good luck with it

Yes too far for me too unfortunately, but I am also interested in the book as always trying to think of ways to make my phonics more fun.....

Good luck with it

Try Private Messaging Helenrhino who ran the course she would be able to advise further, but I am sure she would make them available for you to purchase.

They will definatley make ur phonics fun as they are activities to scaffold the children's phonetic knowledge. Great honest.

Right before I need commission!!

Bye

Vicky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)