Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Real Knifes In Roleplay

Hello, we have just changed our home corner and added real knifes and forks ect.. the kids love it but 4 have cut themselfs already, they are supervised but it still happends, i just wonderd if any of you use them and what you think?

We have Ikea plastic knives and forks, and we use these (not the actual same ones) at lunchtime too - so for the children they are 'real'

Edited by Cait

I was actually looking for those but as you can't buy them online I asked a parent who was going (our Ikea is 3hrs away) and she came back with plastic - beggars can't be choosers they say!

I use a middle ground-a set of metal children sized life like knives and forks from ......ikea xD

The children love them and think they are real. They make a real knife and fork noise as well when washed up :o

Metal home corner knives and forks

just had to re read this!-thought it said "mental children sized...."!!!!!!

How sharp are the knives?

Not sharp at all. I don't think you could cut anything that required any pressure. A banana would be ok but they wouldn't cut an apple if you get the idea.

we had a plastic picnic set and had one boy who managed to break half of them and cut 3 children with the others on the first day they were out!!

I have to be present at lunchtime to ensure the children are given knives instead of spoons at lunchtime, they wont get spoons at school!! (well I dont think they will, not to eat their main course)

that seems to take me to the same place - never mind, I'll look myself. Thanks anyway

have a look at running bunnys blog.. she is a pampered chef consultant.. PM her for more info if you are interested in the knives, she may be able to help..

Inge

Hi everyone!

Karrie has just told me about this thread - thanks Karrie.

The 'My Safe Cutters' are really good - there is no age recommendation on them, but they are perfectly safe for pre-schoolers and there is a 30-day no quibble money back guarantee thingy on them if you are not happy, so it's worth a look! They can also be used for crafts - playdough and modelling clay too.

Whilst I'm on, you could always add a food chopper, cheese grater or decorater bottle set to start a nursery cookware set.

You can also do fundraisers with Pampered Chef for your nursery - if you get orders of over £150, you get 15% back in money or points to use towards more products.

You can buy direct through my website, so PM me for more information.

RB x

(Sarah)

My goodness - they look lethal !! However our snack bar is just changing after easter for children to

cut up their own fruit so i will need something that's gonna get through an apple - just make sure i have enough accident forms at hand :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)