Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Register Time

Obviously you have to take a register, but I would like to do the sitting in the register corner, calling out the names etc only for our funded session in the morning but just tick the names off myself during free play when they are joined by the 2 year olds after lunch as the register session can be quite stressful and so disruptive to their lovely play.. We are in debate about whether or not this is ok?

As long as you have a record of who is there so that in an emergency you can grab it to ensure everyone is outside, I don't see a problem with whatever method you use. We have an electronic register for my accounting purposes and the children in the preschool year take it in turns to read out and tick the paper register.

Children also register themselves by putting their name badge on the MWB and writing their name up too on the WB alongside

Edited by Cait

Hi we tick of children as they enter the pre-school - two members of staff count the ticks and count the children and that is our registration over and done with - the children find their name cards and move them to signify they are here before they go to play - :o

we do much the same as dot - the children take their name as they enter and place it on board - a member of staff is always on the door to open and welcome them and a second member of staff ticks them off as the children enter. these two staff count the children and agree this with the register - we also have a sign on the cupboard stating number of children in session so one of the staff then puts up appropriate number.

Thank you everyone. That is such a great help. From next term on, i'm only going to sit and call register at the beginning of my funded morning session. When the 3 year olds are having a mixed with 2 year olds afternoon, i'm just going to stand and tick the names off as I see them playing. The arrivals checklist is done as they all walk through the door too. Registration time is lovely but the 2 year olds will get to do it as soon as they become funded and take up a morning sesison. Thanks again.

Obviously you have to take a register, but I would like to do the sitting in the register corner, calling out the names etc only for our funded session in the morning but just tick the names off myself during free play when they are joined by the 2 year olds after lunch as the register session can be quite stressful and so disruptive to their lovely play.. We are in debate about whether or not this is ok?

Hi

[font="Comic Sans MS"]We do the same as 'dot' and 'blondie'. A member of staff stands by the door and ticks the children off as they arrive then counts up the children in the room to make sure it tally's and to check who hasn't turned up etc. That's at 9.15. At 9.30 ish we sit all the children down nearly 3's, 3's and 4 year olds and say a quick rhyme or chat about something just for 2 minutes then we split off into small key worker groups for 5 minutes just to get the children used to sitting on a mat together.

Kerry :o

p.s better late than never to reply lol[/font]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)