Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could help. As I'm an NQT i am being observed by someone from our local council on 30th Nov!!! They are coming in to observe in the afternoon (tired irritable children is running through my mind!) and I wanted to plan a lesson which would impress. As my topic is night and day i was concidering having a dark area in the classroom and allowing the children to explore with different light sources. I am worried that it'll all go wrong - has anyone any ideas of good focused activities maybe linking to a story which worked well - any area of learning! Thanks :D

i am doing the same topic. i create an underg, and the PE tunnel round area out of boxes and the children make animals to go on top of the ground and underneath. I also provide puppets and torches. The children love going under the ground and using the torches and puppets. I leave this as a free choice play area.

Another idea is one pinched from Reggio, using an over head projector, screen and giving the children lots of things to put on the projector and make pictures and patterns. diiffernt colour film is very effective as they can mix colours.

Thanks so much that sounds like so much fun - not sure if we have a PE tunnel but i could deffo use boxes. like the projector idea too! Thanks feel a lot better now :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)