Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Reports

Hi, i was just wondering if any other childminders had come across prospective parents who asked to take away copies of our ofsted inspection reports. I have recently found out that we have to give them one. Does anyone else have any concerns with this as for us childminders they do include personal information, our full address, registration no etc which could be used to claim tax credits.

I thought Ofsted didn't put contact details for childminders on their reports? Or not on the website anyway/

But if so do as Cait says and print it off wothout these details.

We (pre-schools) have to give a copy to parents but not prospective parents (unless we want to) so are you not the same

hi, just been on the ofsted website to check and it now states that provider must provide anyone who asks for it a copy of their report. its actually stated in the top information in the reports introdution. I cant see that it can be different for nurserys or playschools either.

i think all us childminders are under that impression, that we only need give it too parents who use our setting, but not so according to new inspection reports.

Osted reports have to be given to parents who are using your service (& it's "good practice" to get them to sign to say they've received it)

It should be provided to others who request it and you may make a small charge to cover the costs involved.

I've always given a copy to prospective childminding clients when they've come to see me - they've already got my address and could easily find my registration from the Ofsted site.

It probably does happen that this information is used for fraudulent claims but I try to look on the bright side and trust that it won't be!

Nona