Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Trust Activities

I am working with a four-year-old who struggles to allow anyone else to be in control. He tries to 'manage' how the other children play and gets angry if children or staff don't do what he wants.

Has anyone got any good activities for helping him to let go a bit and see that it's ok not to be 'in charge' of everything?

Oh yes - I've had a few of these over the years!

There is a story called 'The Bossy Cockerel' - this can be used to introduce the term 'bossy' without directing it him - a good way to start a group discussion about why we don't like being 'bossed about'.

Where is he in his family oldest, middle, youngest? - this may have some bearing on his behaviour.

Sunnyday

Where is he in his family oldest, middle, youngest? - this may have some bearing on his behaviour.

Sunnyday

Thanks for that. I'll check out our local library for that one.

He's oldest of two, but I don't think it's just his sibling he gets to boss about!

He's very bright and I think he needs to find out that he can still enjoy an activity even if he's not controlling it.

I've used blindfold type activities with older children but can't think how to introduce that sort of thing into a group of three and four year olds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)