Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All Weather Gear

Please can anyone recommend a supplier for all weather gear, either all-in-ones or salopettes and jackets. I'm looking into getting a set of about 10 of these for next term, and want a good price (naturally) I know lots of you have them, and I wonder where from and how much.

Many thanks in anticipation

Please can anyone recommend a supplier for all weather gear, either all-in-ones or salopettes and jackets.

Do a Forum search Cait: there have been loads of discussions on here, with some really good suggestions for suppliers!

Maz

our army surplus store sell Regatta trousers and jackets sets for £7.99

it depends what type you want. We have the more expensive puddleduck suits (or something like that) sallopates and jackets- they are hugely expensice at about £25 a set but obviously quality is good. The good things about the sallopates or trousers rather than the all in ones is that you can wear them without jackets in summer, whereas the all in ones arent so adapatable.

We recently had a look at the all in one puddlesuits that regatta do; the zip comes all the way down to the ankle to undo which caused problems for those that could do zips up, especially as far down as the ankles! We didnt go for these in the end.

Have you tried doing an internet search- theres lots of there so good luck

Thanks - I'd done a forum search and trawled through all the sites that were suggested, but wasn't finding anything that looked what I wanted. It's the salopettes and tops that I want, but so I don't need two sets, I want warm ones from the start. It's obviously best to get recommendations from people who already have them rather than blindly searching.

I'll have a look at the puddleduck ones and see if I can find anything - ideally I'd like bright colours so we can spot the little varmints from a distance! But I think I'm only going for 10 pairs for now and see how we go.

Thanks for your help, apple :o

Cait, I don't know what kind of setting you are in but we wrote begging letters to local companies who sold the waterproof clothing asking for discount as we are a charity. Even if you are a business they might do as you want to order a number. We only got 20 jackets and got 10% off and free delivery so it's worth asking! Webought ours from a small place with shop in Preston but I can't remember their name at the moment. Will get back to you if I do.

It was Singers in Preston and we got the regatta jackets. I saw them in a few places first. They are thicker than pac a mac type raincoats and although not lined we have found them warm with a jumper underneath. Other places offered us a discount too but Singers were cheapest overall.

We just had new waterproofs delivered yesterday.

20 sets!

Jackets and trousers.

Bright red and blue.

They cost £100 for a pack of 10. Each pack was one jacket with hood and a pair of trousers.

(Might have been £12.99 each if not in 10 pack)

Only thing is I can't recall where I ordered from!

Might hvae been the 2009 Hope catalogue or NES one.

Can check if you need me to!

Are they the cagoule material of thicker? It's the slightly thicker ones I'm after. I got an email back today from puddle ducks:

"Based on 10 sets of Dungarees and Jackets I am able to offer you a price similar to our wholesale prices as follows:-

Everyday Dungarees & Jacket: €45 per set (discount of 28%). At the current exchange rate this is about £41.40 per set (unfortunately the exchange rate is poor at the moment).

There are two other alternatives that you may be interested in:-

The Oliver Set - This is a lovely set that could work very well for you. It comes in a good unisex colour (Red with Navy) and is still bright and smart looking. The price per set is €35 per set (about £32).

The Extra Tough Set - This is also another very smart looking set. The material is slightly thicker than our other clothes as it is made to be even more durable and rip resistant. It comes in two colours: Navy/ Blue or Pink / Cerise. The price that we can offer is the same as the Oliver Set at €35. This set is detailed on our website:-

http://www.puddleducks.ie/extra-tough-jack...1-pr-16637.html

Delivery charge: €15 (£13.80). The order would be sent by Courier.

we have recently got all in one wet weather suits for our children but they were given to us through sure start funding ...as of yet we've not had to use them though, have had lovely sunshine for a change!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)