Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oh What A Night!

HappyMaz

Well my quest to meet as many FSF-ers in 2009 continues apace. We had such a lovely evening tonight - MrsWeasley and I took the now obligatory satnav-related detour to a farmyard in the dark en route to Chicken Licken's house and then on to Oxford (with almost a handbrake turn to accommodate the driver's "not seeing the road sign until the last minute" habit). Hope you've recovered from the effects of the G-force, Chicken Licken! xD

Wolfie had chosen a good venue to meet not too far from where she and Mrs Tiggy Winkle were staying (separately, having been unable to book the same hotel but that's a different story). Good food, nice wine and chocolate fudge cake to die for!

Some interesting discoveries were made: notably something lost but now found; a waiter reminded of his mum; a superhuman effort not to mention the 'f' word; a username identified for a new member; and gardening tips for girls.

Thanks for a lovely evening ladies: hope you're all tucked up in bed asleep - either alone or with the sainted Mr Smith (I'm just sorry that Brad was otherwise engaged this evening) :o

Now as mundia said the other night in chat: only about another 15,000 to go! :(

Maz

Oh What a Title!!!!

It had me thinking something completely different was happening!! :o

Trust me eh??

Glad to hear you all enjoyed your evening. Chocolate fudge cake sounds good, did you keep me a piece??

Oh What a Title!!!!

Late September back in '63?

Chocolate fudge cake sounds good, did you keep me a piece??

Yes we did - but then we realised the sauce was getting cold so we ate it for you. I'm sure you'd do the same for me!

Maz

You will be able to map out all the farms around you soon, which I'm sure will prove very useful should you ever take up tractor driving. :o

Glad you had a lovely night - we really must try and sort out some sort of bigger get together sometime! xD

I had a great time and it was really lovely to meet some forum members at last!! Thanks Maz and Mrs W for the lift!!

If it's worked, I've attached a couple of photos...see if you can guess who is who. The lady 2nd from right is not (yet) a member!

post-7711-1236849608_thumb.jpg

post-7711-1236849646_thumb.jpg

What a great photo!!! All looking very fresh and well.

Just wondering did you actually tie Maz and Mrs W together with a string of black leather or is it just my eyesight playing tricks on me?? :o

Just wondering did you actually tie Maz and Mrs W together with a string of black leather or is it just my eyesight playing tricks on me?? :o

No, your eyes aren't playing tricks - that's the strap of MrsWeasley's camera case. Although sometimes it does feel as if we're joined at the hip!

Well, I know the two suspects in the middle already and your face from Facebook Jo! So, that leaves Wolfie and Mrs Tiggy Winkle - but which is which??

The answer will be found on facebook, Beau!

Maz

notably something lost but now found; a waiter reminded of his mum; a superhuman effort not to mention the 'f' word; a username identified for a new member; and gardening tips for girls.

And the man who doesn't have any time to relax!!

I'm sure he said he worked for the BBC... :o

Mrs. Weasley you can add red noses in Appleworks, which is an amazing programme... so amazing I have no idea how to use it. :o I have managed to add a nose to my bear, but I can't work out how to turn it back into a jpeg I can upload without a white border. I may have managed by next Red Nose Day.

Mrs. Weasley you can add red noses in Appleworks, which is an amazing programme... so amazing I have no idea how to use it. :o I have managed to add a nose to my bear, but I can't work out how to turn it back into a jpeg I can upload without a white border. I may have managed by next Red Nose Day.

Apple works?! I don't have that!!! Is it free? hah :(

Do a save as, and then select jpeg! Should work.. possibly.. if you're lucky? xD

Apple works?! I don't have that!!! Is it free? hah :o

I think Appleworks has been discontinued and replaced by two new pieces of software - iWorks ('office' type applications) and iLife (iPhoto, iWeb, Garage Band and iMovie). We recently bought a new mac and had the new version of iLife 09 free. Check your applications to see if it's hidden on there somewhere. If you import your photos into iPhoto you can do lots of magic things to photos too - great for erasing blemishes and lines too!

http://www.apple.com/uk/ilife/

I think Appleworks has been discontinued and replaced by two new pieces of software - iWorks ('office' type applications) and iLife (iPhoto, iWeb, Garage Band and iMovie). We recently bought a new mac and had the new version of iLife 09 free. Check your applications to see if it's hidden on there somewhere. If you import your photos into iPhoto you can do lots of magic things to photos too - great for erasing blemishes and lines too!

http://www.apple.com/uk/ilife/

Yeah I do have that - it came with it.

I just don't like that package haha. Never really got to grips with it and can't be bothered now! :o

Yes it is ilife now. I have an older Mac so still have Appleworks on mine but have upgraded to all the others on iLife. You can do all sorts but it is having the time to play with it all.

Oh I have all the time in the world, it's not like I have an NVQ to do or anything... :oxD