Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sound Stories? Mind Is A Blank

HI all, I now work as Head of SSC for children with SAL difficulties. I have money to spend :o and want to buy some stories with sounds so the children can imitate, especially thiose who are non-verbal or have difficulty in speech sound production.

Can oly think of Lullabyhullabaloo. Am tired and had a rubbish day (another story) Full moon perhaps????!!!!!! xD Can you help?Know you want to. Look forward to all those replies. xxx

This needs a bit of thinking about - we read these stories everyday but can never think of them when necessary!

I love the little red train books - chuff, chuff, chuffetty chuff! woo woo! :o

Maz

'Have you got my Purr' or is it 'I've lost my Purr' - sorry a bit late and a bit brain dead - but a super book with lots of 'animal sounds' - my children always join in with great enthusiasm!

Snappy Sounds Farm - animal noises again.

I know there are loads more - will give this some more thought tomorrow - when I am more awake!

Sunnyday

So.... my morning offering:

'Walking through the Jungle'

'Dig, Dig Digging' - we don't have a copy of this - have only borrowed from library - great book and I seem to remember (but could be mistaken!) that there were 'machine noises' to be made!

Sunnyday

good morning all

i've used Hungry Caterpillar - nosies for caterpillar, pop, sun coming up the children thought of their own silly noises for the food.

And I have used what has already been said will kep thinking as I like using a story and adding music to it and the children enkoy it too.

Hi = how about "The Bear in the Cave" by Michael Rosen - lots of lovely repetition and lots of he hee heedily hee !!!!!

just got it today - cann't wait to read it in the morning Dot :o

You see, I knew I could rely on you lovely people. Thank you. Keep them coming! Am going shopping to our lovely children's bookshop on Saturday. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)