Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sensory Lighting

i have been inspired to use lighting effectively in our centre. it was more to soften the feel of the room. i have bought rope lights (are very popular - the children love it), fibre optic lights, a projector with oil disks and a light box.

i was wondering if anyone uses projectors or anything similar to show images/photos etc in their setting and what do they use?

This sounds lovely. Are the rope lights easily available - and are they cheap to run?

I often put a slide show of photographs on when we have parent's sessions. I just use the computer and monitor although I have wondered whether it's worthwhile investing in a digital photoframe

Cait, i bought the rope lights from ebay. just make sure they are outdoor ones then if the babies chew on them (which ours do) it is ok. they run off mains, not sure on how cost effective they are - but they look fantastic!

we also bought a digital photo frame from amazon. well worth it! i recommend going for the 15". that we have on reception, so i was wanting something in the play room....

We have a projector at home, and the room needs to be quite dark for it to be successful - have you got the facility for that?

Yes my computer monitor is 17" so I'd go for at least that size digital frame. Good point about the chewing..... :o

Cait, i bought the rope lights from ebay. just make sure they are outdoor ones then if the babies chew on them (which ours do) it is ok. they run off mains, not sure on how cost effective they are - but they look fantastic!

Hmm. I have 'inherited' lots of outdoor rope lights from my Dad and wondered if they would be safe to use at nursery. Perhaps I'll give it a go!

I have seen the old fashioned overhead projectors used in settings to show images or experiment with lighting, but have always worried about health and safety because the bulb does get very hot. Have only used my projector at work for training purposes - haven't quite been brave enough to take it in to use during session time yet. :o

What kind of setting do you have jeanine? I'm in a packaway group so it is not always easy to have this kind of kit at nursery - and as with many older buildings we are not blessed with many power sockets so would need extension leads etc which are always tricky.

Would love to see some photographs of your lighting insitu, if you can share!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)