Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Infection Control

Can anyone tell me where to find details of how long children should be kept away from a setting with certain infectious diseases? I am doing a brochure for new parents and wanted to put this in - and we should also perhaps have something displayed on the wall - but can't seem to find out where to go for the latest info.

I tried phoning the PSLA information service and they told me that it was in the EYFS wefare requirements. However all I can find there is a legal requirement to discuss with parents the procedure for children who are ill or infectious, including the possibility of exclusions - but it doesn't seem to say what the exclusion periods should be so PSLA not very helpful here. My LA rep had a leaflet dated 1998 so not sure about using that - anyone got anything more up to date please?

Thanks

hi starburst, i'm sure there was a thread about this very recently. unfortunatley i don't know how to link it to this message, but i'm sure it was titled 'infectious diseases poster'. If you try doing a forum search i'm sure it will turn up x

Thanks for that jennyjenkinz - I do apologise for not checking properly!

However having going though the last thread and making some more enquires I have found that the Health Protection Agency is probably the best place to go for this - so if anyone else wants info try there - it is divided into local areas so you need to find your local area but found some really useful info on their website and also very nice to talk to if you get stuck.

Our poster (think it was an old one) was saying 24 hour exclusion for sickness but it should have been 48 hours, and it said on our poster that we don't exclude for conjunctivitis(sp?) but in actual fact we do (due to a terrible outbreak 3 years ago we don't wish to repeat!!). We decided to take the poster down and make our own!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)