Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage "lesson"

Hiya,

I have an interview coming up for a new job, and all the interviewees have been given the first question to prepare for as an "ice-breaker". The question is...

What makes a good Foundation Stage lesson?

My gut feeling is to start by asking if I could rephrase the question to clarify whether they mean a full "morning/afternoon session" or "focus activity" as I don't see a day in a foundation stage class as being a series of "lessons". Do you think I'm being too pinicky?

Tracy :o

Hi Tracy, well done on getting your interview.

I think rather than ask for clarification, I would state your assumptions at the start. So if you want to answer the question around an activity, you may start by saying.. by lesson I took you to mean an activity (or whatever you decide) and then go on to whatever you have prepared. This may result in a question from them about why you took that view, but this gives you the opportunity to explain what you think.

Good luck with it, I always find interviews really scary

Thanks everyone,

Haven't had an interview for 6 years, and the last two I did have were for Y2/3 and Y3/4 jobs. only had YR for the first time this year so not quite sure what to expect!

I've made up my mind just to say what I believe - I reckon if I have to say what I think they want to hear, then it mustn't be the right job, whereas if I say what I really think, and they still like me, I'd be happy there :o .

I've made up my mind just to say what I believe - I reckon if I have to say what I think they want to hear, then it mustn't be the right job, whereas if I say what I really think, and they still like me, I'd be happy there :o .

I think that's the right thing tracylu. I know that some schools actually do think that there is such a thing as a foundation stage 'lesson' and like to work that way because they are still not quite up to date with what the EYFS is all about. Go with what you believe and then you know you'll be working with like minded people if you get the job. Otherwise you may get a job where you are constantly fighting a battle!! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)