Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open/fun Day

Hi

I am planning on holding an open/fun day for my setting. Just wondering what you do on these days? and what activities you put on?

Hi

I am planning on holding an open/fun day for my setting. Just wondering what you do on these days? and what activities you put on?

We're are planning to do the same in June and will be our first one.

We are having face painting, name the teddy, raffle, cake stall, children's tombola, pony rides..........

but still trying to come up with lots of other ideas and so hopefully there are lots of good ones floating around out there!!!

We had one last year and went for a 'Garden party'-hook a duck (water tray) tin can alley (community play things to create stepped stage, children brought a can which they decorated and bean bags) vegetable show (children brought a vegetable and made a sign for it), target throwing (one of those velco thingies), obstacle course, pick a straw (sand pit and the children won a toothbrush which were sent as a freebie from colgate) juice and a biscuit. The staff wore summer dresses and hats and we hung bunting around the playground. The children were asked to bring 10 1p coins in a purse and we 'charged' 1p a go so the children had experience of using money.

We have one every year. We have raffle, tombola, cake sale, hook a duck, lucky pockets, spinner and sale of resources (paper, glue, sequins, etc) We have also had pony rides, face painting, how many balloons in the car? - the prize was a huge bucketful of car cleaning equipment donated by a local car accessory shop. Also, name the teddy, when is teddy's birthday, find the treasure (under the sand)....so many different ideas come from the parents as well who are on our informal parents fundraising committee.

We will be having another meeting in the next couple of weeks so no doubt more ideas will come.

We always look forward to our Fun Morning - we also have childrens races and fancy dress - we decorate the area with bunting and balloons and keep our fingers the weather stays good.

Sue J

we have a fun day fund raising event in june/july. the first year i took over the children learn't a dance display (well danced to bob the builder and shook pom poms!!!!) this was sold to parents as a must see with invites sent to all! a very good way of pulling in the crowds xD ,last year i decided to give the display a miss to our deteriment as not as many families turned up! we still made lots of money but would have been even more if more people were there.

one of our stalls is called 'human fruit machine', all you need is 3 boxes , the same fruit or vegetables in each box, 5 would do(we used plastic fruit but you could use fresh!) 3 volunteers to put their hands in the boxes and at the same time grab an object and pull it out! it's very good for pulling a crowd and great fun. we did a prize for 2 of the same and a money back for 3 of the same, they always had another go so it worked very well. i hope that all made sense :o

Prior to losing the field to a couple of mobile classrooms we used to have a funday each year at the end of the summer term.

We had lots of toys and activities outside in the big playground (not in our own outdoor classroom) such as water tray, sand tray etc, plus the bikes, scooters trolleys but we also had a bouncy slide and a bouncy castle.

We had benches and chairs out for parents all over the place and the pagoda type thing for shade.

Everyone brought a picnic, and younger siblings and grandparents etc were invited to join us.

We also had a magic show which took place in the hall just before lunch!

Just thinking about it makes me go aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh good days.................

However it was alot of work to find the day chosen was wet and cold!!!!!!

One time we were watching the magic show when it rained.......... heavily for about 10 minutes. You should have seen us on the bouncy slide with towels and mops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The children did at least get to use it that day!!!!

Enjoy your fun day!

When we do our Red nose day I draw a large picture on aroll of paper for children to collage.This also makes a wonderful display piece after which we surround with photos of the event.

We held a open day a few years ago now and included stalls from the childrens information services, the local health visitor etc. We also had some bric a brac stalls - all placed in the church hall which can be accessed through a gate from our playground. We set the pre-school room up with a variety of activities that we would normally offer - playdough, craft, construction etc. Oh and we had a librarian who set up a stall in our book corner. Was a really good day but lots of effort and time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)