Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outstanding

Me too - I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's always there in my mind, you know? I'm going to see if they will let us stay until July if they say they are going to sell the building

Hi all

I've never started a topic so here goes.....

I work at a pre-school and have a good relationship with our local childminder.She has recently had her inspection which was "good". When she asked why she hadn't achieved outstanding the inspector told her she wasn't authorised to give that grade. Has anyone else had this experiance and does this mean they know how they are going to grade you before hand? To me this opens up all sorts of theories.

I have heard of this before and also of inspectors saying they dont give Outstanding even before they ve done the inspection!!

We were told at the annual conference we had the right to ask the inspector to leave if this comment was made before the inspection was finished

Since EYFS its now possible to get outstanding with recomendations even with an outstanding grade _the theory being that there s always something else you can do but that just because it was a minor thing you should nt be down graded -In theory!!

I know when I got mine the inspector had to have it authorised -checked before it was official That was Dec 07 but knowing Ofsted they ll have moved the goal posts again .

It seems to be the old story of it depending on which inspector you get!!!

we were very similar - but our inspector did say - it wasnt that she had to get our outstanding authorised but she did say it would be scruitenised by Ofsted and they might try to downgrade it! - but fortunatly thy didnt :o