Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Space - Whatever Next?

Hello everyone! I was just wondering whether anybody had any Reception planning they could post on space please? We have read Whatever Next? this week and are carrying on the topic on space next week. We have made junkmodelling rockets, made little rocket books sequencing the story, made shooting stars using marbles and that's it. I plan to introduce time, with a tenuous link on getting Baby Bear back for his bath on time - so making clocks out of paper plates, reading bingo game I made featuring the sentence 'Can I go to the moon?', screen printing rockets to feature their own stories on space and now I have come to a blank... what KUW outcomes could I achieve please? I am picking up some books on space from the library on Monday... Thankyou!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Natasha X

My children enjoyed 'space food' dried fruit from the health food shop - we got strawberries, banana, apple, apricot etc. just like spacemen eat!

We also experimented with rehydrating some of them, which was fun.

We made some bloomin fantastic planet pictures - i'll see if I can find pix. Cut a plate-sized circle out of card an place it on top of another piece of card, children drizzle colour on the card at the side of the cut hole and use a piece of card folded over to draw the paint across the hole. They get fantastic 'spinning sphere' pictures which are all different of course and made a wonderful 'space'. We also invested in an orrery which they found fantastic. A parent donated a national geographic thingy which was basically a ball with holes in which light shines out of and it projects the solar system onto the walls - if you can get the room dark enough - which we couldn't. I'll keep thinking what we did. Oh we had an inflatable solar system which we hung the length of the room!

Hmm, can't find the draggy ones, but there's these which were printed with those 'knitted' bath scrubby things like pan scrubs - you know the ones I mean?

They really look like earth too - I was impressed with the results

post-13453-1235763146_thumb.jpg

Hawkin bazaar sell space food, dried icecream in neopolitan and vanilla I think. You cant see through the bag but it feels like oasis. It says on the pack its offical NASA food.

How about filling your builders tary with stones, pebbles and sand (you can buy black sand from one of the catalogues) an adding small people.

There are some lovely ideas on here!!!! We are also starting space very soon, as well as junk modeling rockets and making a space ship in the outdoor area with space suits and boots etc I quite like the tuff spot idea thanks and space food !!!

I think we will be linking ailens into our topic aswell using the story The Aliens are coming to spark them all off, designing and painting their own aliens. We plan to do an alien hunt at some point too looking for the clues around school which im yet to make up.

Linking in CLL and ICT once we have made up their own space story I'd like to see if I can upload their pictures and record some of them reading to have on the IWB

Have a lovely weekend

Sal

Guest bobby
Hmm, can't find the draggy ones, but there's these which were printed with those 'knitted' bath scrubby things like pan scrubs - you know the ones I mean?

They really look like earth too - I was impressed with the results

I must be really dim Cait. What do you mean by cut hole and which piece of card do children pull across paint . sorry doh!!! thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)