Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Policies

We are a foundation stage unit within a school, we have a 65 place nursery and 60 place reception. All our policies have been part of the school policies with a separate part for the foundatiion stage. We would like our own set of early years policies but are not sure which policies we need. Any suggestions. Thanks

We are a foundation stage unit within a school, we have a 65 place nursery and 60 place reception. All our policies have been part of the school policies with a separate part for the foundatiion stage. We would like our own set of early years policies but are not sure which policies we need. Any suggestions. Thanks

My first question is to ask why you need another set of policies? Is it that you feel your ethos and practices are not embedded within the school's own policies, or that they don't accurately portray what you do, and how?

I'd suggest you look at the EYFS materials and start off by drawing up policies that the Statutory Framework says we in the PVI sectors should have and work from there - since you don't 'officially' have to have any you can start with these and then see which others you feel you need.

Maz

The Preschool Learning Alliance also has a very useful set linked to the EYFS which you can personalise to your own setting. They come in a book and you use a code to download them to change them to suit you

The Preschool Learning Alliance also has a very useful set linked to the EYFS which you can personalise to your own setting.

Funnily enough I logged onto the website so that I could post a list - but it is sooooooooooo long and I'm sooooooooooo tired!

Maz

you do not have to have seperate policies from the school

but if you look through the eyfs welfare guidance it will tell you those you must have

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)