Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Common Assessment Framework

Carol

Hi

I attended part one of the CAF (Common Assessment Framework) training last night. It was very interesting, the paperwork side of it is very detailed. Hopefully by the end of part two I will be clear about how to write a CAF :o

Carol

The trick is to figure out how not to become the lead professional!! Is your next step ecaf? My trainer was a super geek and initialy I was totaly zoned out, good luck :o

Hi Helen

I had a letter sent to my setting, asking if any of my staff would like to go, myself and my deputy went. I was surprised that there was only 11 attended and this is the only training as far as I know around here at the mo.

Carol

Yes I've done the CAF training and Lead Professional. Did it mostly so that I could lead on a child's well being and not have to rely on some one else doing it. Have only done one CAF so far but and hopefully will have enough time and courage do them when needed as a Lead professional.

I went to a Local community meeting and lunch the other day and some one was explaining the CAF and what it means and how it would be organised by a Lead Professional, and some snooty lady ask who these "Professionals" would be and we were asked to identify who in the room was already a Lead Professional and there was 4 of us in a room of 40 people. We were 2 health visitors, myself and an advisory Teacher with the LA so I was really pleased. It really shut this particular lady up I must admit

It made me feel really please that I had bothered to do the course.

I expect that now I have it I'll never have to use it. or at least hope I never have to

I did the initial training along with about 10 policemen.!! Lucky me. What fun! We made them do all the writing. I did learn alot though and have now successfully completed two CAFs with good end results. Although I was not the lead professional in either case. Once you get into them, they're not too bad. Its just some of the questions you had to ask parents which are very probing into their personal circumstances and not some of the information we would not normally know about.

our training was provided by the LA and we have had several emails and phone calls to make sure everyone who should be doing it is and has we wont be able to do paper CAF's from the 6th of March!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)