Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Descriptions

Does anyone have any job descriptions for foundation stage teachers and coordinator posts as examples I could look at? :o

Welcome to the Forum, L1sa

I can't help with your query I'm afraid!

Maz

A warm welcome from me, too xD

I don't have one prepared, but I think the following should go in there somewhere!

FS teacher:

* Knowledge of statutory documentation (EYFS, ECM, etc)

* Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to practice through:

* setting up and maintaining a welcoming, exciting and motivating learning environment based on the children's interests

* maintaining a clear observation and record keeping system to show children's progress through the EYFS

* creating warm, professional relationships with parents and carers and exchanging information about children's interests and levels of development

* using observations of each child to provide challenging learning experiences

* encouraging independence and self-confidence of each unique child

* fostering an atmosphere of respect and cooperation

I could go on and on, but I'm sure other members can add the bits they think are crucial :o

As for the coordinator, I guess it's the same as above, but with maybe more of the "setting up and monitoring" the systems of the provision, ie observation-assessment-record keeping, parents' evenings, self-evaluation, etc., rather than maintaining existing ones.

Have you come across the "Be a Better Foundation Stage Teacher" and "Be a Better FS coordinator" books? (Authors are Judith Stevens and Ailsa Chapman respectively, and are published by TeachBooks, MA Education Ltd.) They are little books, but with lots of useful information in them!

Do you need QTS to apply for Foundation Stage co-ordinators post. I am an EYP and would be interested in this role but every advertisement for one mentions QTS as a necessary qualification.

Hi chell. Yes you would need QTS to take up a coordinator post in a maintained school.

so annoying because i thought i would be able to change roles now that i have EYP. I was told it was equivalent. What other roles do you know that i can take on?

I think at the moment the main difficulty lies with maintained settings and their requirement for a QTS. I've known EYPs in County advisory positions, Children's Centre nurseries, and working with parents in a social services context. Do any of these appeal? :o

I think at the moment the main difficulty lies with maintained settings and their requirement for a QTS. I've known EYPs in County advisory positions, Children's Centre nurseries, and working with parents in a social services context. Do any of these appeal? :o

Yes they do, but some posts i have investigated require a social work degree. i want to work more with parents and within the children's services. I will just keep on the lookout.

One EYP I've come across ran sessions for parents to encourage them to develop learning opportunities with their children when they were out and about. That sounds like the kind of thing you'd like. :o Do you have a Family Learning Coordinator in your LA?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)