Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Half Term

Hi,

Well I've got to my 100th post and been thinking about what to write so wondered after posts earlier in the week how half term turned out and what things are you looking forward to or not looking forward to next week.

After a challenging start to the week with my 8 yr old daughter being sick and then admitted to hospital for 28hours (virus but initially thought it was her appendix so relief it was only a virus) all our plans for the week changed. Instead of spending a few days with my husband whilst the girls were away at their Gran's, I stayed at home with sick child and husband and daughter went away. She had great fun staying with her Gran and husband got to explore Lincoln, nice hotels, great food etc. We stayed at home with no car as it was already booked into the garage although it came back Thursday evening so yesterday we could go out. :o

I found it quite tiring being the focus of constant attention from my daughter who has gradually got more energy as the week went on and therefore wants mum to do more with her. But it was fun having time to chat with her, we have painted lots of pottery gifts which have sat in the cupboard for at least a year and yesterday we made chocolate waffles in the maker we bought in the morning. So althugh it feels like I haven't had a half term and haven't got much school work done bits of it have been great fun.

So now thinking about school I am looking forward to seeing all the children again on Monday and hearing about all the things that they have been doing. I am looking forward to seeing colleagues and continuing conversations started before the holidays. I am looking forward to developing a new role play area linked to People Who Help Us and encouraging the children to design what goes in there and then help them to develop their ideas further. I enjoy this time of the year when the Reception Children have got over their shock of being at school all day and are now so much more independent and so much more detailed in the things they do and those amazing conversations you can have which give an insight into their thinking. :(

I am not looking forward to the paperwork (especially as my computer won't turn on, having downloaded an update), the constant pressure from SMT and all those other things that are sent to try us every day and we all know that they succeed.

So, if you have had a half term make the most of the last bit and if you haven't hope you get a break soon and enjoy the next bit of this term. Thanks for all the support from people on here re ongoing problems at school and will update on that later next week.

Nicky Sussex :(xD

well i can't believe the week is over already..... i have spent all week doing pre-school paperwork... i'm now totally up together, planning, policies, registers, finances, all done.. the only thing i haven't managed to do is update the SEF... as i completed it in the summer holidays and haven't updated it since....

I have only managed 2 trips out.. one to ikea and the other to town both for shopping therapy!!!!!

Tomorrow i need to clean my house and do the ironing before monday and back to school.....

trouble is i haven't managed to do any of my degree assignments... so still have plenty to do......

Congratulations on your 100th post.

I'd hoped to get a lot done, but done not a lot!

My daughter came home to have a holiday for a week (she's 24) and her need was greater than mine for a break as she's worked 7 years non-stop at a hotel in Guernsey, which she's left now to work for a vet in Yorkshire. She was allowed 48 hours off for my Dad's funeral 2 years ago. I'm not saying that she had no time off from the hotel - cos of course she did, but as second in charge, when she wasn't in, the Manager was in - which meant that Lou was in charge of the Manager's children! She had a good rest and unwind and we spoilt her rotten! She starts her new job on Monday, part-time initially

Don't feel like I've had a holiday really. Had a mad week in Dublin...............absolutely exhausting.....and back to more study. Just started E243 with the OU (Inclusive Education) and will still have more pesky EYCLOS to deal with over the next couple of months.

I'm also supposed to be bringing my Learning Journey folders up to date....yeah no probs...just 10 to do in my spare holiday time!!!! Bring it on....another holiday, that is!! :oxD

Well I didn't have last week off....but I HAVE got this week off, with sooo much planned! Three separate get togethers with friends I haven't seen for ages - one not seen since early 1990s, I've had to email her a photo so she's not too shocked at how much I've aged!! :o

And then all my usual MOT stuff saved for holidays...hair, teeth, eyebrows.......... xD

well im the opposite of you simcity! Ive been busy doing uni stuff and not got any pre-school stuff done! Oh and managed to paint the kitchen in our new kitchen were moving at end of march just at the same time as another assignment is due!!! i too am looking forward to the summer hols at least no uni stuff then hooray :o

Andrea

Well as a retired preschooler and now a foster parent, this week has been fun with the children at home, my youngest had her first sleepover at a friends house, we returned the hospitality last night and her friend stayed here. I've done my usual and avoided all housework but then that's what hubby's are for. xD

Children had their annual LAC medicals on Monday, Social worker visit on Tuesday for life story work, hubby bought some disco equipment on ebay which we set up on Wednesday, children had a ball, disco lights flashing away, not sure what the neighbours must have thought :o , 'grown' some sea monkeys with 10 yr old, tomorrow morning it's give all the children a haircut (and de-lice :( ), then supervise hubby getting all the school uniforms ready for Monday.

so back to school runs come Monday and;

Monday meeting with school SENCO, my son has now been allocated 25 hrs LSA so some pertinant questions on how the funding for this will be spent, and what are the transition plans for him.

Tuesday: Online Study

Wednesday: Monthly reports and other Foster admin

Thursday: All day training on 'Allegations', then eldest son at CAHMS at 16:00 for an hour, then 16:30-18:30 Governor training (looks like a long day, Hmmm don't know how we are going to fit in the dance lessons at 4pm too)

Friday: what!!!, a whole week gone already!!!!

Peggy

Congratulations Nicky!

I've had a lovely half term - but it has sped past again!

Now I've gone back to work full time I've really enjoyed spending a whole week with my own children! Have also managed to get quite a lot of school work done, which is a surprise, as I'm not ever so good at balancing the home/school, mummy/teacher thing! I think i've done ok with it this week, but I fully expect at any moment to find some huge bit of school workk that I've completely forgotten about!

Before half term my classroom was flooded and I had to spend the last 4 days using the hall as a temporary classroom, getting out 15 minutes before lunch so the tables could be brought out and not going back in again till 15mins after lunch hour finished so it could all be cleared up. It was a massive pain!

Unfortunately, they couldn't put the new flooring and carpet in over half term as they'd expected as the floor hadn't dried out enough - so I've got the first week of this term in the hall as well!! Bit disappointing - hope we don't get the term off to a bad start! Thought I might do some planning that makes the most of having such a huge open space, maybe lots of really physical stuff or free flow to all the climbing apparatus that is usually used in a more structured way in pe sessions.

The second week back is book week, so as literacy coordinator that will take up lots of my brain :o:( and then that's practically half of the term gone! Roll on Easter holidays....! xD

Congratulations on you 100th post Nicky!! It is suprisingly easy to rack up the numbers!!! :(

My half term has been lovely, I have spent most of it with my 18 month old glued to my hip as I am a novelty to have around so much!! xD

Didn't get much preschool work done. Am awaiting my PSLA policy book to arrive before I update the final 6 policies. And the less said about my SEF the better!! :o

As previously stated, only 6 weeks until Easter!! :(

Congratulations on your 100th post.

My half term errr indeed where did it go, I have been soo busy doing lots of things this week. I have also had an ear infection and recovering from cartilege damaged knee from sliping on ice from the previous week.

I have been doing my Foundation Degree coursework - disseration proposal. I have also been doing stuff for the Adult Leadership Qualification with Brownies, including supporting other guiders at the Division Thinking Day Event yesterday and assist the 2 brownies in our unit that came to it.

All I can say is do I really have to go back to work? xD

Roll on Easter holidays! :o

Beth

Hi,

Well I've got to my 100th post and been thinking about what to write so wondered after posts earlier in the week how half term turned out and what things are you looking forward to or not looking forward to next week.

After a challenging start to the week with my 8 yr old daughter being sick and then admitted to hospital for 28hours (virus but initially thought it was her appendix so relief it was only a virus) all our plans for the week changed. Instead of spending a few days with my husband whilst the girls were away at their Gran's, I stayed at home with sick child and husband and daughter went away. She had great fun staying with her Gran and husband got to explore Lincoln, nice hotels, great food etc. We stayed at home with no car as it was already booked into the garage although it came back Thursday evening so yesterday we could go out. :o

I found it quite tiring being the focus of constant attention from my daughter who has gradually got more energy as the week went on and therefore wants mum to do more with her. But it was fun having time to chat with her, we have painted lots of pottery gifts which have sat in the cupboard for at least a year and yesterday we made chocolate waffles in the maker we bought in the morning. So althugh it feels like I haven't had a half term and haven't got much school work done bits of it have been great fun.

So now thinking about school I am looking forward to seeing all the children again on Monday and hearing about all the things that they have been doing. I am looking forward to seeing colleagues and continuing conversations started before the holidays. I am looking forward to developing a new role play area linked to People Who Help Us and encouraging the children to design what goes in there and then help them to develop their ideas further. I enjoy this time of the year when the Reception Children have got over their shock of being at school all day and are now so much more independent and so much more detailed in the things they do and those amazing conversations you can have which give an insight into their thinking. :(

I am not looking forward to the paperwork (especially as my computer won't turn on, having downloaded an update), the constant pressure from SMT and all those other things that are sent to try us every day and we all know that they succeed.

So, if you have had a half term make the most of the last bit and if you haven't hope you get a break soon and enjoy the next bit of this term. Thanks for all the support from people on here re ongoing problems at school and will update on that later next week.

Nicky Sussex :(xD

Wow 100 posts - don't think I'll live that long - Well done

I have enjoyed my week off - I determined that I would spend some time on me - so planned trips out with two teaching friends which was wonderful and have arranged a day trip to London to view the Picasso exhibition - so looking forward to that

Went to stay with my very elderly Mum for the first weekend

did some house work

AND - some school work - writing Art and Design and Design Technology Policies for whole school

Did some training on Wednesday on the new Early Education Management tool

Then - eldest daughter came home for weekend from Cumbria and went walking with her and hubby- just a short walk mum 14 miles very beautiful around Chipping Camdon but very stiff today - will I be able to walk tomorrow

so a great week in all

Looking forward to Easter too - we are going to Marakech for a week - can hardly wait

hope everyone lese managed to do something just for themselves over the week - and if you were at work just think you can enjoy time off whilst the rest of us work.

I was only supposed to have Wednesday off for a funeral, but I didnt go Monday because I felt so tired, I mean, really tired.

Tuesday I saw how many staff there were to children so decided to have the rest of the week off too.

Drank all day Wednesday after the funeral so it was just as well I'd arranged for Thursday off, rather woolly headed all day.

Friday I spent in the garden, preparing my beds for this years planting. But still felt tired so went to bed in the afternoon and then again on Saturday and today.

My plan for next week is to stay awake long enough to do more than a couple of hours of anything.

My end to half term went down with a bump the preschool line manager turned up at the door asking if I was going back to work tomorrow. Well yes so I can get paid!!!!! Well sorry I cant help it if I have had an accident on the ice before half term.

Beth

for the first time in I don't know how many years I shut the nursery door on Friday and walked away from it all and for the first time in 24 years I had a 'me' break. i took a train up to Ormskirk and stayed at the uni for 4 days with my 19yr old, (i can now say i've been to university and got a degree....just not at the same time) we had lunch in a small pub in Ormskirk on the day I arrived, then on Tuesday she had lectures in the morning but in the afternoon she surprised me with a trip to Anfield where I spent 2 hours wandering round the museum and shop i still have goosebumps! it then took us 2 hours to 'do' Primark in Liverpool....it has 5 floors!!!.... by the end i was dragging my basket because i couldn't lift it. Wednesday we had breakfast in the uni cafe then caught the train into Liverpool, Lunch at Nando's (i wimped out and had the lemon and herb but i did try some of my daughters i think my tastebuds are still in recovery) We spent Thursday am with a final trip to Liverpool one where i bought her a bracelet for her birthday before heading to Lime street and the 5 1/2 hour trip home (apologies to anyone in the carriage who had to put up with my snoring!!). I really truly feel like i have had a break, spending time 1-1 with my independent (middle) daughter was very moving for me she'll always be my baby and her being so far away is awful but seeing her in her environment has so put my mind at rest she really can cope!

Of course i came home to chaos after leaving hubby, 17 yr old youngest daughter and two dogs in the house for 4 days...nothing the dishwasher couldn't fix.

i feel fully recharged and ready to go (by this time tomorrow i'll probably be stressed out and a wreck again)