Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Back From Ikea

emmajess

So! Went to IKEA yesterday and bought loads of great stuff for home and school! Thanks for all the ideas - if I'd been on my own instead of with my husband I would have spent an absolute fortune!! My favourite buy for school was the nesting tins - really great! Also the free tape measures - tee-hee!

I visited the new Southampton store last night - with the hubby and the kids :o

It was fab - I've picked up some bit for my new home corner kitchen, new rugs and 2 lack coffee tables.

I'm so excited - I'm trying to lose some of our big tables at pre-school and the long, low lack coffee table will be fab and sooo cheap. (i nearly paid £200 for one - I can replace it 20 times xD ).

I just have to persuade hubby to put it together now and I'm desperate to go back, this times without the kids and hubby.

I went to IKEA yesterday and along with some more nesting tins and another lack table (got a red one last week that looks FAb in my home corner!) I picked up loads of their little pencils as we are now going to be builders next week due to the great interest shown in helping me build the flat pack stuff i had bought last time I went!

I also bought 2 small tables at £3.99 each for our book corners/ listening centres.

I wanted to get the leaf canopy to go in the book corner as well but they had sold out... will have to try again later in the week as going back down to southamptin for an appointment.

L

Yes i do need Mr Tess to put the rest together. I've done two units and I have really sore fingers.

I am such a girl! But then again I do need to ensure Mr Tess knows I love him and need him around - my 7 year old is good at flat pack's but I can't depend on him 100% yet.

Mr Tess can develop his PSED and "establish a sense of pride in his achievements" and with ikea flat pack "persist at activities of their choosing". As well as developing his CLL using new language to express himself.

I also need him to perfect Ikea flatpack as now we have a store 15 minutes away he will getting lots of practice.

I got an igloo too!! Wasn't planning to go at all but cheekily suggested a quick stop to my husband on the way back from visiting my mum. Didn't think he'd go for it but..... (actually he had to stop cos we reachd the M5/M6 interchange --- right by Ikea --- with a reading of 'zero' on the fuel gauge.... why do men do that?)

Yup, mine does that too - apparently the 'weight of the petrol negates the value of filling it up too soon' hmmmm

Tell Mr Cait thank you very much - I shall use that excuse... er justification the next time I'm driving down a country lane on fumes! :o

Maz