Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Does Anyone Have A Willow Dome? And Do You Have A Playplan For It?

Hi all

We recently had a willow dome made in our garden, which is lovely, but the PLA want us to have a plan to show how we will use it etc...

Does anyone else have a willow dome plan, and what have you put in it???

I have an idea of what i need to show but Im clueless as to how to show it...maybe its obvious, but Im feeling very tired tonight :o

I've not got one but I'd love one. Possibly you could plan for it like you would a 'home' corner - meaning that it could change according to interests and themes, so planning could be retrospective showing children's imaginative uses and what resources they use, and then forward plan for what resources you could provide to enhance this. Does that make sense?

Hello

We have just had two, plus a tunnel, made, but as far as I know we have no separate plans to use it. They will be incorporated into the outdoor plannning . To begin with for all the children to explore and learn how to look after it/them.

Im very excited we just ordered two! We are going to incorporate them on our outside planning sheet.

We will probably use them for role play, story times, group activities and much much more...

If your willow tunnels are living then ensure they are high enough for what you wan them for. We had one over our path/track(no consultation with staff) and the bigger children riding bikes had great difficulty getting through the tunnel!

for gooodness sake a play plan why??

why cant it just be left to go with the flow ....child led???

Have to agree. We've just had one built and didn't dream for 1 minute we'd have to draw up a play plan???????!!!! Absolutely ridiculous, more paperwork. Well, I'm not doing it! :o

I very much agree with your view as to why the need for the seperate plan, but as we are currently an inadequet nursery we have the pla very interested in what we are doing to improve things - its a very stressful situation to be in!

So why not put it somewhere in your continuous provision planning - it would be easy to show the fantastic play the children will get out of it!

Maz

yeah I was thinking making a continous planning poster type thingy - I just need a few hours to sit down and write out the learning intensions :o

thanks all, if anyone does have a willow dome do you have any photos of the things that you have done with it?

I visited a settng this week that had an archway made of willow, and it had grown sprouts! Not sure whether they'll bend them down to weave into the structure, or what! :o

Maz

We had two put in to our environment last week and we havent been asked to plan....Im just intending for children to use it as they wish and I will incorporate into my focus group planning when it is necessary. For example, I am going to be using it for my Signs of spring environment walk next week. Hope this helps x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)